Mapsource and GPX Files

GPX files from Groundspeak use the GC code for the name. You "can" chose to display the waypoint by "symbol and comment" as the comment has the name, owner, type and rating. This can be done in the option or changing the properties of the waypoints.

Or you can use something like GASK to create a GPX with the name as the name....

GPX files from Groundspeak use the GC code for the name. You "can" chose to display the waypoint by "symbol and comment" as the comment has the name, owner, type and rating. This can be done in the option or changing the properties of the waypoints.

That only changes the waypoint name when viewing in MapSource; when you download, only the GC name goes through.

In GSAK, %name goes in the "Waypoint name" field. Those codes are called Special Tags; there is a complete listing in the help section.

When I open a GPX in Mapsource, the icons on the screen are labelled with the GC number. What can I do so that the icons are labelled with the cache name?

I don't know what version of Mapsource you're using, I have 6.15.6 installed (NOTE: Many do not like that version, but it suits my purposes). When I download a GPX file via Pocket Query...the full cache name is displayed on the Mapsource map. Waypoint display is set to "Symbol & Name"; however, if I modify the original GPX file in any way (add waypoints, or add/delete individual geocaches) the next time I display the file in Mapsource only the GC codes display.

Bill