North Seattle Caches for Kids

AnalogDog

Before you head out look carefully at the cache page. Check the attributes for caches that are marked as kid friendly. Look for terrains that are in the lower range. I'm not sure what you or your son are capable of terrain wise, but something with a lower terrain will often have a shorter walk.

Look for caches that are listed as regular sized containers not smalls or micros. My kids got bored with those real quick because there wasn't anything in them to trade. There is nothing better than watching a kid pouring over the goodies inside an ammo can.

When possible, test run the cache by yourself first. That way you'll know what to expect in the cache. You can also add a few kid friendly items if it's running low. Another thing you can do if you are sneaky enough is keep a few goodies handy so you can quickly drop them into the ammo can if necessary when you find it.

Finally keep your cache runs short. Kids have attention spans the size of gnats. As soon as he starts getting frustrated with searching for caches it's time to stop for the day. If you keep going after he's reached his limit he won't enjoy it.

Holy cow, the return of AnalogDog! :laughing::laughing: Great to see you here, Rob!

Seth! put out some kid-oriented caches a few years back in the Kirkland area when his son Adrian was young. Three of them are:

Seth!'s Clues - based on Blue's Clues

A Fractured Fairy Tale

A Cache of Stories - disabled right now

Cachers with kids will be able to tell you about others, I'm sure.

Edited by hydnsek

thanks for the recommendations on a few caches, I like the sounds of Seth!'s especially Seth!'s Clues, which sounds like Pizza Guy would like as he was Blue's Clues hooked for awhile. But the others, too. Thanks all.

Yes, I am back, but trying to tone it down as it got to be too much for my wife to deal with. And I can appreciate that, especially after getting lost after dark in Lords Hill. And yes, it is possible to get lost after dark with a GPS. They still don't show topo or blackberry patches.

I actually missed you all and all the sillyness of caching together.