MetroGuide Question

WildHog

I have MetroGuide North America v8 with MapSource v 6.15.4. When I make a route it follows the roads on MapSource and when I transfer the route to my eTrex Legend it automatically creates waypoints where I would need to turn since the Legend can't route on the roads.

Here's my question; I recently purchased an eTrex Vista HCx and when I transfer the routes there it just creates a line between the start and finish, no waypoints in between. Is there a setting on MapSource I need to change or is my new Vista HCx just not compatible with my version of MetroGuide?

Thanks

In the UK Metroguide does not autoroute on the units.

I have on my unit Metroguide NA v7 that does not autoroute on the units.

However, by following certain website threads you can 'manipulate' Metroguide and then autoroute. It does not require 'unlock codes' from Garmin.

To the best of my knowledge, all current routable Garmin GPS units route on the unit. What Mapsource does is independent and does not transfer to the unit. That is logical, because there are settings on the unit itself that would dictate how the route is created such as "faster time", "shortest distance", "avoid toll roads", etc.