When do you become an "FTF Hound" ?

To those FTF cachers that say they sign their name in small print or on the back of the log to deceive another cacher into thinking they got FTF - I have one question for you - how do I know you didn't sign that after I found the cache for the FTF? For all I know, you could have done that after I got there for the FTF and you signed the log in the back in small print and then claim the FTF and then claiming you did that BEFORE I got there when it's not true. All I have is your word for that, right?

Last year I found a cache where I thought I was FTF (pristine logbook), and logged online as such; later found out that the cache is crosslisted on another site, and a local logged it as found with a 1000+ words log, describing everything from preparing the hike, hiking, happenings during the hike, finding the cache, and what changed since he last hiked those trails. On another cache I was STF (the FTF never logged online), I found out that I'm really third o find, since the same guy logged it online on the other site, also with a long log, and with no mention in the physical logbook.

When you find a cache, please write something in the logbook. You may delay logging online for a couple of days (I'm guilty of that, too), but at least write your name in the logbook.

And yes, I'm a FTF hound, with 20%+ of my finds being FTF's. (My fastest FTF was 8 days after publishing, my slowest - 273 days).

I think of FTF hounds as those folks when you visit a cache and you wonder, "Let's see who the FTF was, oh wait, let me guess it was _____" and it usually is...

-Rozie

right on. Around here, it is the same half dozen guys. It is ridiculous. I mentioned in another post, they posted on one Cache that one was driving in to the parking area, and he looke din his rearview, saw another hound, and as the pulled up the cache...saw another one drive from another direction. all men over 40. All with no kids in tow. Someday it would be nice allow some kids the fun....but alas, not in West Michigan.

Oh, and one of the 6 is a cop. So he is free all the time for FTF's.

All men over 40?????

One is a cop so he is free all the time?????

Where do you get your info?????

Allow kids the fun?????

I personaly have a 17 year old, an 11 year old, and a 5 month old baby, we do have fun getting FTF's--Are you trying to take my kids fun away???

Do some research and get your facts correct before you make false accusations about your fellow human being.

Should we stop Lance Armstrong from riding a bike just because he is good. Maybe if we just stopped chasing FTF caches and you got an FTF that would make you proud, to be given a handout--keep trying and when you get one --then you will have something to be proud of..but wait when you do get your FTF won't that make you one of us who you now talk badly about???????