Can you load more then one cache from PQ as GPS eXchange Format

Keiger

So I got it figured out how to get all the info saved over to the GPS using the GPS eXchange and save into the gpx folder in my Colorado.

But can you load more then one this way? I have been loading them one at a time.

I have EasyGPS and it will load more then one but not as a gpx format and I dont get all the info for the caches. Thanks Keiger

Sorry I was not telling it right. I am in the PQ and going through the list of 500 and when I click on a certain cache I can up load it in to the gpx folder can you do more then one at a time?

You need to actually generate the PQ and have it emailed to you. Then you can load all of the caches at once.

Sorry I was not telling it right. I am in the PQ and going through the list of 500 and when I click on a certain cache I can up load it in to the gpx folder can you do more then one at a time?

You need to actually generate the PQ and have it emailed to you. Then you can load all of the caches at once.

You the Cacher WRASTRO. That was the trick. Thanks Keiger

The GPX file that is emailed to you (unzipped) as a result of the PQ should be loaded into the [drive]:\garmin\gpx folder on the device when it is connected to your PC. No need for EasyGPS or any other software.

But what if you want to just load 10 out of the 500?

How do you go about loading it stright into the gpx file?

The GPX file that is emailed to you (unzipped) as a result of the PQ should be loaded into the [drive]:\garmin\gpx folder on the device when it is connected to your PC. No need for EasyGPS or any other software.

But what if you want to just load 10 out of the 500?

How do you go about loading it stright into the gpx file?

Narrow your PQ quite a bit.....or......Use a program like GSAK (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife) to pair down the GPX file.........or.......don't worry about it and just load the whole GPX file - your unit can hold up to 2000 geocaches via GPX file(s).

What is the main difference between GSAK and EasyGPS?

Wow- thats a loaded question. Night and Day.

GSAK allows you to see everything included in the GPX - hints, description, owner, terrain, difficlty, logs etc.

You can then sort by anyof those criteria. Slice and dice the data a thousand different ways. By owner, rating, last found date, last DNF etc.... transform the data into many differtn formats, map points, load stuff to and from your GPS unit ---> Very powerful software.

GSAK allows you to see everything included in the GPX - hints, description, owner, terrain, difficlty, logs etc.

You can then sort by anyof those criteria. Slice and dice the data a thousand different ways. By owner, rating, last found date, last DNF etc.... transform the data into many differtn formats, map points, load stuff to and from your GPS unit ---> Very powerful software.

So is it worth the price of Adminsion, for a newbe trying out the fun of Geocaching?

And you need to be a full time primeum member with Geocaching to run the PQ which lets you down load the gpx files, with any of the programs, right? LOL, I need to pull out my GPS I am LOST. Thanks again Keiger.

So is it worth the price of Adminsion, for a newbe trying out the fun of Geocaching?

And you need to be a full time primeum member with Geocaching to run the PQ which lets you down load the gpx files, with any of the programs, right? LOL, I need to pull out my GPS I am LOST. Thanks again Keiger.

Yes -you need to be a PM to take advantage of PQs and GPX files but that is just $2.50 per month (paid $30 yearly). GSAK takes a bit to learn to get the most out of it but well worth the purchase price.

Yes -you need to be a PM to take advantage of PQs and GPX files but that is just $2.50 per month (paid $30 yearly). GSAK takes a bit to learn to get the most out of it but well worth the purchase price.

2.50 per month, hummmm, since I don't do Starbucks I could probley afford it then. I will probley give Gsak a try.