New here... Just sayin' hello :)

kahanamoku

So yesterday, out of nowhere, I just decided I want to start geocaching. 24 hours ago I knew nothing about it. Right now I'm about to go out on my first hunt. I went on Craig's and bought and Etrex for $45 and put Trimble on my cell phone. I'm all set to head out (yes, I have a pencil).

Anyway, I have a feeling I'm really going to enjoy this. There are lots of caches around my area and the weather is getting nice. I'll let you guys know how it goes when I get back.

Thanks for havin' me :laughing:

So yesterday, out of nowhere, I just decided I want to start geocaching. 24 hours ago I knew nothing about it. Right now I'm about to go out on my first hunt. I went on Craig's and bought and Etrex for $45 and put Trimble on my cell phone. I'm all set to head out (yes, I have a pencil).

Anyway, I have a feeling I'm really going to enjoy this. There are lots of caches around my area and the weather is getting nice. I'll let you guys know how it goes when I get back.

Thanks for havin' me :)

Have fun :ph34r:

As I've said many times, the garmin ETrex Legend that I bought (at list $149) years ago, works so well that I resist the temptation to upgrade to more memory for mappage; higher definition/larger screen and other bells and whistles ..still selling for $350-$450!:

GarminEtrexLegendCondom001.jpg

Above-Pictured with it's protective condom

Fact..even though I'm very good at Dead Reckoning, Map Reading and using a compass..I have incredible faith in my GPS and rarely stay on established "trails" preferring to blaze my own trail.

Although, sometimes I don't know exactly where I am, I'm never lost!

Maybe I should check Craigs more often. Dan

Edited by NewMexicoOutdoor

Thanks for havin' me :mellow:

Welcome to a great game. We are here since 08th february and we love it.

Have fun

by by from hamburg , germany