how many people buy custom cache containers?

The reason I ask is I've been coming up with ideas for caches of my own, and I've been thinking about even trying to make some to sell, but I just don't know if the demand is there, or if there are already enough people doing it that it would be pointless for me to even try. Just to give you an example of something I've done, here is one of the latest caches I made (http://philsnextkick.com/?p=286), and I'm trying to sell it on Etsy.com, just to see if it will even sell.

So what do you guys think? Is there enough demand for custom cache containers, or should I just not even worry about it?

Edited by hostsofheaven

The reason I ask is I've been coming up with ideas for caches of my own, and I've been thinking about even trying to make some to sell, but I just don't know if the demand is there, or if there are already enough people doing it that it would be pointless for me to even try. Just to give you an example of something I've done, here is one of the latest caches I made (http://philsnextkick.com/?p=286), and I'm trying to sell it on Etsy.com, just to see if it will even sell.

So what do you guys think? Is there enough demand for custom cache containers, or should I just not even worry about it?

I would say go for it. Make them because you enjoy it and if you make some money then bonus. I am making some caches myself and I am donating them for a geocaching auction at an event. Who knows, if they are popular I may get some folks asking me to make them some.

Many urban caches are in blah places. I have hidden a couple of caches that the containers are entertaining in themselves. I hardly ever get a compliment on the location but I get plenty on the containers.

I am sure that there are a few folks out there that would like to purchase some of your containers.

Have a great day.

Edited by undertree

thanks for the encouragement. I'm definitely going to keep making them for myself, and I think I'm going to slowly start trying to sell some too.

I really want to come up with something challenging, or have someone come to me with a challenging idea they would like to see made. I've got ideas, but they are mostly copies or variants on other ideas.

thanks for the encouragement. I'm definitely going to keep making them for myself, and I think I'm going to slowly start trying to sell some too.

I really want to come up with something challenging, or have someone come to me with a challenging idea they would like to see made. I've got ideas, but they are mostly copies or variants on other ideas.

I could join up with you man. You really need to consider it. Seriously. Just take look at my profile... :laughing:

Nice job. I am wondering if you used natural materials. eBay is a funny thing. Its all about who will undercut whom. We sold on eBay full-time for over a year. We totally loved it until eBay started pillaging our profits. Then we quit.

You might make $6 an hour. Unless they take 5 minutes to make. Even then you still might saturate the market. I see lots of containers and few bidders. Of course most of them have crappy pictures and descriptions. I want to know how natural it looks! I want to know how well it is put together! Either some dont know how to sell on eBay or their product isnt so great and the stinky pictures help.

Great just what we need more micros in the woods! If you want to do something really creative create a good item that could hold larger caches.

Really when you think about it how hard is it to find a good place to hide a film canister in the woods? Not so hard that I would pay someone to take away my fun. Now if you came up for a equally cleverly camouflaged ammo container I might think about buying one.

Just for the record I would never use a micro for a final in the woods.