Which eTrex?

WildHog

Hi all,

I'm getting ready to upgrade from my eTrex Legend to an eTrex Legend HCx or an eTrex Vista HCx. I would appreciate any input from those of you who have used these units. Would the electronic compass and altimeter be worth the slightly higher price of the Vista HCx?

Thanks

WildHog

i've only had my vista hcx a coupla months but i really like the compass compared to not having it on my old legend blue. have not used the legend hcx. i got my vista hcx for 183 total to my door by watching amazon and wally world websites for about 2 weeks, they pop them on sale for very short times, once in a while. i saw it and grabbed it.

Hi all,

I'm getting ready to upgrade from my eTrex Legend to an eTrex Legend HCx or an eTrex Vista HCx. I would appreciate any input from those of you who have used these units. Would the electronic compass and altimeter be worth the slightly higher price of the Vista HCx?

Thanks

WildHog

Having found 140+ caches with just a Nüvi and only once or twice I have felt that I missed an electronic compass. So in my case I settled for a Legend HCx. On the other hand I got a very good deal on my Legend HCx and getting a Vista would have increased the price with almost $100.

If the price difference had been something like $30-40 then I might have bought the Vista instead, but as I said, I was lucky to find a really good deal and the price went up by almost $40 after I ordered mine.