tom tom ov2 poi file

WHy not have alook at using Geocache Log and creating your own OV2 files, they can be created from withing to suit you and whatever area you want.

As it creates them from withing you simply download the caches you want to find/include and just go from there.

I use GSAK (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife/Kit/whatever....) downloadable from the web. Small fee payable, but well worth it. From that you can export a custom POI file to your TomTom directly which gives the greater part of the info required as regards cache location etc. It also allows you to export multiple cache locations direct to your GPS rather than adding them one at a time. Worthwhile peice of software, although there are others out there as well....

Hey HenryViii

I recommend using GSAK. Simply download a Pocket Query from Geocaching.com and import to your GSAK database. Create a TomTom POI by clicking on file/export and then copy the generated OV2 file into your map folder on Tomtom, it's usually called ‘United_ Kingdom_ and_ Republic_ of_ Ireland ‘ or similar. You can also create a geocaching icon in bmp format and use that in the GSAK export. If you include the child waypoints then you can pick up the parking as POI too.

Only if you want GPX format, the LOC version are more basic but do the job for free. You can also use GSAK full version completely free but will get annoying nag screens after a while, once you are happy you like the program then well worth £17.30 to remove them. Geocache Log is also available for free but has Limited usage of 5 caches, slightly cheaper at £12.99. GPX Pocket Queries are one of the benefits of becoming a Premium Member and I would suggest buying a £6.92 for a 3 month membership to see how you get on.

Edited by Handsyhands

WHy not have alook at using Geocache Log and creating your own OV2 files, they can be created from withing to suit you and whatever area you want.

As it creates them from withing you simply download the caches you want to find/include and just go from there.

many thanks for your help. i will try to create my own poi

plus thanks to everyone else for offering help