Error in distance cutoff in PQs

beejay&esskay

I have a weekly PQ that returns caches within 100 miles from my home coordinates (with some other restrictions.)

Today I did not get two of these caches. Both are listed as 99.9 miles when I display the cache page. (GSAK says 99.94 and 99.95).

The PQ returned these caches a week ago.

(No, not over 500 caches in PQ. Yes, they still match PQ selections. No, I haven't changed home coordinates.)

If I increase the PQ limit to 101 miles, they show (with the correct 99.9 distance listed.)

I suspect some change in the last week that handles the "edge" cases incorrectly. If this is to make PQs run faster, TPTB need to rethink it, since it isn't right.

(Yes, I know I am "misusing" PQs by expecting this to work. Can we deal with the error in the PQ and not why I want this PQ?)

Edited by beejay&esskay

I have a weekly PQ that returns caches within 100 miles from my home coordinates (with some other restrictions.)

Today I did not get two of these caches. Both are listed as 99.9 miles when I display the cache page. (GSAK says 99.94 and 99.95).

The PQ returned these caches a week ago.

I noticed the same thing in my weekly queries this week. I have my PQ distance set for 50 miles and 2 caches that were returned last week (at exactly 50 miles distance per the web site) were not returned this week. Something changed. There are only 466 caches returned by this query, nowhere near the 500 limit I have set.

I also noticed when I tried to edit the query to change the distance to 51 miles the change wouldn't stick after I previewed the query -- it kept getting reset to the original value of 50 miles.

I've had several this week that are not at my distance limit that were not in the PQ this week but were there last week.

Were they close to the limit? I suspect something has gone awry in their optimization (but I did get my PQs today much earlier than last week).

I was sort of hoping a Groundspeak programmer would see this thread and say "well that isn't right, I'll get that fixed".

I guess if they don't in a few days I'll submit an error report.

I've had several this week that are not at my distance limit that were not in the PQ this week but were there last week.

Were they close to the limit? I suspect something has gone awry in their optimization (but I did get my PQs today much earlier than last week).

I was sort of hoping a Groundspeak programmer would see this thread and say "well that isn't right, I'll get that fixed".

They were not even half way.

They were not even half way.

I suspect that is a different issue.

I noticed the same thing in my weekly queries this week. I have my PQ distance set for 50 miles and 2 caches that were returned last week (at exactly 50 miles distance per the web site) were not returned this week. Something changed. There are only 466 caches returned by this query, nowhere near the 500 limit I have set.

I just checked and it appears the error has been fixed. Are you seeing it fixed also?

I just checked and it appears the error has been fixed. Are you seeing it fixed also?

Yes, the 2 caches at 50 miles are back in the query now.

To whoever corrected the issue: Thank you!