Deleting caches from the oregon 300

I am sure this question has been asked before, But how do you delete caches and mainly the found caches out of the oregon?

The only thing I can find is that I have to delete my GPX files between my computer and the GPS?? If this is the case what will that do to my GSAK files?? will it screw up my count (etc)

Any information would be appeciated.

Thanks Harry

There's really no reason to. If the cache is marked found it gets moved to a different list and shows up with a different found icon. The next time you reload gpx files (assuming you filter out your finds) the cache gets removed.

This used to bother me too but there's a big benefit of not being able to change/delete geocaches -- you can't do it by accident in the field!

What he said ^

Used to bother me, but as you get more reliant on field notes this is a much better system. Get your PQs (or GSAK export), do a run, mark as found/DNF/unattempted, upload to gc.com, fill GPS back up with new PQs...

Your Cache count on the GPS is pretty flaky anyway and it's use is a little unclear...total cache count? Day count?...for instance, it doesn't revert back to zero after a full GPX refresh. I use my count as a day count...reset to zero before each cache run. Gotta love checking out that grinnin' frog and his find count as you cache :rolleyes:.

Edited by Maingray