Buying a GPS unit.

Helios_93

Absolutely. And I've been beating the hell out of it for a few years now and it still gets me to and from the caches. It's the unit all others are measured by. Look at the Oregon and the DeLorme Pn-40 before you buy but you will not be disappointed in the 60csx. It's the workhorse of the handhelds.

Yes it has long been considered the best Geocaching unit out there. However, be aware that it is not designed to be a fully paperless Geocaching solution. There are some workarounds and you can carry the data but they are not natively paperless.

Take a look at the Colorado and Oregon lines from Garmin as well.

I see you can buy the 60CSx for almost $300...for another $30-40 more, you can get the PN-40! The PN-40 is a great bargain for you in that you'll not have to upgrade for quite awhile, it is ready to go out of the box! Routing is capable and included with the maps already in the box! It's paperless, you can download straight from the cache page or by PQ...or manually. And, for a $30 subscription, you can get aerial imagery, hi-res ity aerials, NOAA, USGS 24k TOPO and more!

Check amazon.com for pricing!

btw...I am a very happy PN-40 owner!

cool. im going for local caches to, for heavens sake i have around 4 on my street.

Having a GPSr is fun but if you know the basic area it's hidden in, you could go snooping around for one and possibly get lucky. I know its not as fun with out the tool, but at least you can have a log.

good luck!

Edited by TheSkunkyHobos
Check amazon.com for pricing!

The GPSSTORE DOT COM is a great place to buy GPS units. They have great service and great prices. Sometimes they carry remanufactured gear at perhaps 30% off the new price, maybe better. This gear is factory remanufactured and warrantied, so it is hard to go wrong. The remanufactured gear probably gets more testing than brand new gear.

Anyway, prices are reasonable to good, and the service is amazing. These folks know their product line.