deleting geocaches

Heading to Sedona for an 8 day geocaching blitz and I need to delete my local geocaches loaded via pocket querys...cannot seem to do so on computer. I click on the gpxfiles and ask to delete and they look like they do... they are still in GPSr.???? HELP I need to load ALOT of new caches for the BLITZ. Thanks.

I just delete the old GPX file(s) from the [drive]:\garmin\gpx folder and load up my new ones. Has always worked for me.

Not to sound incredibly stupid...where is the garmin gpx folder located on my computer???

Try going to My Computer, and look at the list of drives.. Sounds like the Garmin should show as a removable media in that list somehwere..

I just delete the old GPX file(s) from the [drive]:\garmin\gpx folder and load up my new ones. Has always worked for me.

Not to sound incredibly stupid...where is the garmin gpx folder located on my computer???

Try going to My Computer, and look at the list of drives.. Sounds like the Garmin should show as a removable media in that list somehwere..

Funny thing... the only caches that show up there are the ones I have in my computer for Arizona...not here in Minnesota or Wisconsin that I want to delete???

Funny thing... the only caches that show up there are the ones I have in my computer for Arizona...not here in Minnesota or Wisconsin that I want to delete???

Can you give us an example of the path you are looking at?

Example: C:\1gb USB drive\pcpacman\

or

F:\Version2.5_Installer\1_SystemBackUp(Before)\

or

OMG...WHAT???????????? PATH??? I AM IN WAY OVER MY HEAD I THINK... NEVER HAD ANY TROUBLE BEFORE...But this is the first time that I have tried to DELETE caches from the Oregon...

or

OMG...WHAT???????????? PATH??? I AM IN WAY OVER MY HEAD I THINK... NEVER HAD ANY TROUBLE BEFORE...But this is the first time that I have tried to DELETE caches from the Oregon...

HEY guys...could it be that it took some time for the caches to "leave my GPSr"??? They are all gone NOW! What did I do? YIPEE. Thank you for the Support. But what in the heck did I do to make it work finally. I just kept looking in MY Computer

Edited by gramacindy

Yes, that could very well be the case... Windows can delay writing to an external drive, I never have figured out when/why it does this..

BTW: Your GPSr is usually considered another hard drive by your computer.

If you go to your desktop, you should have a "My Computer" icon in the upper left..

(sorry, I don't know how to post pics here)..

If you open that Icon, you will see a list of your storage devices (hard drives, USB sticks, etc..)

Example: Mine says

Desktop

My Computer

+ Local Disk C:

+ DVD-RAM Drive D:

+ Kingston F:

etc..

Somewhere in here you will be able to see your Garmin, you can click on the "+" sign to open that item and see the folders within it. When you find a folder you are looking for, the list of folders to get there is called the path..

Example:

Open C:

Open "my folder" inside c:

Open "my stuff" inside "my folder"

The path to get to the "my stuff" folder would look like C:\my folder\my stuff\

Sorry, a little off topic, but maybe it will help if you ever get stuck here again :rolleyes: