Oregon Waypoint Symbols

eaparks

Wanted to see if anyone else has experienced the same issues when sending waypoints from Mapsource 6.13.7 to Oregon when the waypoint symbol is one of the Hunting Symbols? I get the default blue flag when transferring any of the hunting waypont symbols created in Mapsource to my 400c even though the GPS has all of the same Hunting Waypoint Symbols as choices for symbols in the unit.

I wanted to verify that other Oregon users are seeing the same thing before I go to high up in the company concerning the lack of internal communications within their Product Development Dept/Depts. Lack of internal communications is always a sure sign in the direction a company is heading. Recipe for self destruction.

This has been a problem with all Garmin units for many years. The waypoint lists on different units and Mapsource are not the same.

In this particular instance the list are the same. From what I understand, for the identical hunting symbol in Mapsource and in the GPS Garmin used a different index code number making it so neither would recognize its on exisiting symbol when transferred because they assinged a different number to 2 identical symbols that they made themselves. All because 2 different departments don't communicate adequately.

For anyone interested; I received a reply from Garmin Engineering today concerning the Hunting Waypoint Symbols not transferrable from Mapsource to Oregon and vice versa. Here is their reply.

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. This will be fixed in the next release of Oregon software.

I wanted to verify that other Oregon users are seeing the same thing before I go to high up in the company concerning the lack of internal communications within their Product Development Dept/Depts. Lack of internal communications is always a sure sign in the direction a company is heading. Recipe for self destruction.

If you really can get high up in garmin comp.

Point them to

http://garminoregon.wikispaces.com/Issues+List and

http://garmincolorado.wikispaces.com/Issues+List

And the fact that almost NEVER an issue is resolved by Email, If you receive an answer at all., most of the time you don't hear anything.

The changing policy of defective colorado's and oregons has nothing to do with service to the customer, it's a coverup of malmanagement.