GEOCOIN MILLAGE

gingysarmy

PLEASE COULD YOU HELP. MY GEOCOIN WAS RELEASED IN THE UK THEN TRAVELED TO SRI LANKA, IT HAS BEEN LOGGED CORRECTLY BUT HAS GAINED NO MILLAGE.I HAVE TRYED TO LOG THE COIN OUT OF THE CACHE IT IS IN AND THEN RE-LOG IT BUT IT STILL DOS'NT GAIN ANY MILLAGE. THE PERSON WHO TOOK MY COIN THERE DOS'NT KNOW HOW TO CERRECT THIS .PLEASE HELP.IT HAS LOST 5553 MILES.THANKS.

under trackables, put in your coins tracking code...should take you to the coins page. Under the trackable item options,under the tracking number click on the down arrow, highlight recalculate distance and see if the coin is back up to date.

hope this helps!

IL

YK

I just checked out your coin that is listed as being in a cache in Sri Lanka. If you click on 'SHOW MAP' it does show the correct mileage for each move that the coin has made on that page.

It appears that there is an ongoing issue with the GC.com website not showing the correct miles for trackable items on the trackable items' pages. There is a current thread about it; Click here if you want to read up on it...

:( I also have a gecoin that is not gather mileage. it has traveled from oregon to the east coast with out any mileage. i have tried the recalculate the mileage with out any luck. the icon has a green highlight around it. i did try to reactivate it with out any luck as well. I am not sure what to do as well and would like any help that can be provided.

thank you.

PLEASE COULD YOU HELP. MY GEOCOIN WAS RELEASED IN THE UK THEN TRAVELED TO SRI LANKA, IT HAS BEEN LOGGED CORRECTLY BUT HAS GAINED NO MILLAGE.I HAVE TRYED TO LOG THE COIN OUT OF THE CACHE IT IS IN AND THEN RE-LOG IT BUT IT STILL DOS'NT GAIN ANY MILLAGE. THE PERSON WHO TOOK MY COIN THERE DOS'NT KNOW HOW TO CERRECT THIS .PLEASE HELP.IT HAS LOST 5553 MILES.THANKS.

I looked at your coins page and see that you logged a grab and then placed it back in Eastern England then out to Sri Lanka again twice. You need to delete the logs you made as this will put way too many miles on your coin when Groundspeak does get around to fixing this bug.

:( I also have a gecoin that is not gather mileage. it has traveled from oregon to the east coast with out any mileage. i have tried the recalculate the mileage with out any luck. the icon has a green highlight around it. i did try to reactivate it with out any luck as well. I am not sure what to do as well and would like any help that can be provided.

thank you.

Nothing that you can do to fix, it's a bug that Groundspeak has to fix.