why upgrade?

ITCHYthirdEYE

This page lists the benefits.

Simply they are:

• Organize geocache listings and create favorite lists with the bookmark feature.
  • Create custom searches based on geocache size, location, attributes and more with Pocket Queries.
  • Be the first to find a geocache when you receive Instant Notifications about newly published geocaches on your cell phone or other mobile device.
  • Search for geocaches along a route on your next road trip. Tell us where you are going, and we will let you know what geocaches are along the way.
  • Support the development and maintenance of the Geocaching.com site. As long as you continue to renew your membership, you will always be guaranteed the rate at which you first became a Premium member!
  • When you become a Groundspeak Premium Member, you gain access to all premium features and tools at Geocaching.com, Waymarking.com and Wherigo.com.

I just recently upgraded to premium. I tried out the pocket query to find recently placed caches. Found one that was not found yet and got my first FTF. While I was in the area, I checked out some of the other hides in the area. Found some of the best hides so far.

If I hadn't upgraded, I wouldn't have the pocket query. WIthout the pocket query, I wouldn't have found the FTF. WIthout the FTF, I wouldn't have bothered traveling the distance to the location. Without traveling to the location, I wouldn't have found all the great caches in the area.

I'd say I've gotten my $30 worth already. <_<

In addition to all that, you also get to call yourself whatever you want under your avatar photo, and you have access to premium members only caches (which is a whole can of worms - let's not debate it in this thread).

If you are considering paperless caching, premium membership is almost a must.