Can i hide this Cache

i very recently discovered a very unique spot about 25 minutes from my home and my first thought was i am going to put a geo cache here. so when i got home i started putting together the info to upload. in doing this i stumbled across the fact that it had been waymarked, which is quite different than geocaching, i think. i reviewed the log online and it only has 3 logged visits and the last was about 6 months ago. i do not want to cross any geo caching boundries so i am asking if in geo caching ethics is there anything preventing me from hideing this cache? thank you to all who respond.

i very recently discovered a very unique spot about 25 minutes from my home and my first thought was i am going to put a geo cache here. so when i got home i started putting together the info to upload. in doing this i stumbled across the fact that it had been waymarked, which is quite different than geocaching, i think. i reviewed the log online and it only has 3 logged visits and the last was about 6 months ago. i do not want to cross any geo caching boundries so i am asking if in geo caching ethics is there anything preventing me from hideing this cache? thank you to all who respond.

i just crossed the username into Groundspeak from Waymarking.com and found out that they already hid a micro there "wooo hoooo". i would still like to know for future reference if you can hide in previously waymarked areas.

thanks

There is no problem with a waymark at the same place as a geocache. Example: Along with geocaching I also waymark. I visited a town where I had not been before and made a list of caches that sounded interesting. One turned out to be on or near a railroad locomotive on permanent display. I then checked to see if the locomotive had been waymarked (there's a category for static locomotive displays). It hadn't been so when I was there, I gathered the necessary data to create a new waymark, which I did. Otherwise I would have counted it as a "visit". In fact I think the waymark and the geocache turned out to have the exact same coords!

It might be interesting to see if there was any reason why there was a waymark and not a cache. A possible reason might be that permission for putting a cachecontainer there was not possible. Or the person might find the area too muggle-dangerous.

But if you have permission from the land owner, it shouldn't be a problem to put a cache there.

You have proximity restrictions for other geocaches listed on this site, but I can't think of any reason why caches on other websites would matter.

If a cache on this website has virtual clues (such as gathering information off an existing sign, etc. and doesn't require an actual physical container hidden at that location) then cache proximity to these virtual clue locations doesn't matter.

If you hide your cache near an existing letterbox it doesn't matter unless the letterbox is listed on this website as a geocache/letterbox hybrid. (Although that doesn't mean you won't hear from the letterbox owner who wants to keep them separate.)

It might be interesting to see if there was any reason why there was a waymark and not a cache. A possible reason might be that permission for putting a cachecontainer there was not possible. Or the person might find the area too muggle-dangerous.

But if you have permission from the land owner, it shouldn't be a problem to put a cache there.

I have places that are WM's but I nor anyone else has placed a cache there. I have checked a few of the places & it would be no problem to place an actual cache but rather than disturb the area I only wm'd it.

Allows for people to visit that are interested in the location & not a cache. It has worked well for my needs. :yikes: MW