Pocket Queries

muffy53

No, five is the limit. You should get the other two sometime. Receiving the PQ via e-mail has been having some problems lately, especially over weekends. But, to answer your question, five is the only limit.

There appears to be some processing logic that prioritizes new queries over old ones. But not by oldest. It is weird like the newest of my old ones come out long after my oldest when I select them all at the same time. I just create a new PQ when I want something right away and use my old ones when I am not in much of a hurry.

No, five is the limit. You should get the other two sometime. Receiving the PQ via e-mail has been having some problems lately, especially over weekends. But, to answer your question, five is the only limit.

There appears to be some processing logic that prioritizes new queries over old ones. But not by oldest. It is weird like the newest of my old ones come out long after my oldest when I select them all at the same time. I just create a new PQ when I want something right away and use my old ones when I am not in much of a hurry.

PQ are prioritized by date last run. A PQ query that has never been run has a higher priority than one run 30 days ago, which has a higher priority than one run last week. If you schedule a PQ to run everyday it has the lowest priority. You cannot run the same PQ more than once a day. What you can do, if you haven't exceeded the 40 saved PQ limit, is to make a copy of a PQ. Since the copy is an entirely new PQ it will always run with the highest priority.

PQ are prioritized by date last run. A PQ query that has never been run has a higher priority than one run 30 days ago, which has a higher priority than one run last week. If you schedule a PQ to run everyday it has the lowest priority. You cannot run the same PQ more than once a day. What you can do, if you haven't exceeded the 40 saved PQ limit, is to make a copy of a PQ. Since the copy is an entirely new PQ it will always run with the highest priority.

A scene at the PQ Cafe:

I'm sorry sir, we can't serve you until we serve the people who just came in behind you.

Oops, now more are coming in and we must serve THEM first, before the ones in between. After all of them we will get to you.

Uh-ohhh! Here comes a tour bus!

5 in a 24 hour period, save a total of 40 queries (although I believe there's a glitch that only allows you to save 39).

IIRC, My Finds counts as #40.

Is it only 5 in 24 hours? I have run 5 one night at 11:30PM and then woke up at 4:30AM and run 3 of them again. I thought it was only 5 a day.

I've run 5 at 10 or 11 at night (EST) and then setup others to run the next day and will have them waiting for me in my inbox when I get up at 6. Technically, that's 6 or 7 hours apart and even less if you factor in the 3 hour time difference to the PST based server...meaning the new PQs came within 3 hours of midnight PST, which is what the PQs are based on.

So, to answer your question, I'm not sure if it's 5 in 24 hours or not, since my scenario above happens anytime I run more than 5 PQs in less than 24 hours...as long as midnight PST passes in between them.

But, as others noted, PQs that just ran within a few days usually seem to have the lowest priority over newer ones.

Edited by Skippermark

5 in a 24 hour period, save a total of 40 queries (although I believe there's a glitch that only allows you to save 39).

IIRC, My Finds counts as #40.

No, absolutely not true...

This bug existed well before the "my finds" query, and the site clearly says you can CREATE, I didn't create the my finds query and don't really care for it.

Its a real simple deal, someone coded (x < 40) instead of (x <= 40) and for some reason this seems to be too much of a challenge to find and fix.