Add a new "public transportation" waypoint type when editing a cache

geotribu

Hi,

In Switzerland, we have a really well developped public transportation network and I always (as well as many cache maintainer) add information on how to reach the cache location by public transportation.

My demand is to add a new "public transportation" waypoint type in the drop-down list when creating a new waypoint for a cache next to "parking area".

Regards

geoTRIBU

Hi,

In Switzerland, we have a really well developped public transportation network and I always (as well as many cache maintainer) add information on how to reach the cache location by public transportation.

My demand is to add a new "public transportation" waypoint type in the drop-down list when creating a new waypoint for a cache next to "parking area".

Regards

geoTRIBU

There is already an attribute for this, so you are already covered.

In your area people are probably already tuned-in to using public transport...much more so than us North Americans.

I believe that the generic 'reference point' was added to encompass all things that aren't a stage of a multi, a final location, a trailhead or a parking coord. I would suggest just using it and naming it 'bus stop' or whatever public transportation you are trying to show.

There is already an attribute for this, so you are already covered

Which one? The "reference point"?

How can one specify "Take the blue line to the Abercrombie station" by using coordinates, which is what the additional waypoints are based on? It seems this is best done right in the description.

You are right! I always write it in the description, but would like to add the bus stop as a waypoint. Just to help people prepare their trip and estimate the walking time... Just like others are giving the next parking area...

There is already an attribute for this, so you are already covered

Which one? The "reference point"?

This one: public-yes.gif

The way I'm reading this, is that the OP is looking for adding a 'child' waypoint, similar to parking coords, for the nearest public transportation station.

Personally, I'd just add/edit a reference waypoint on the cache page, make it public, and give a nice detailed description.