Homemade CITO bag

EcoCacher3

I want to leave some homemade CITO bags at the caches I visit, but I don't know what to use. I was thinking about using something like a plastic Safeway bag, but I wasn't sure if it the label would be considered an advertisement or not.

It is not uncommon to find CITO bags in caches. It doesn't cost much to print upa small label using the CITO logo, attach it to a film canister and add a plastic shopping to the canister. This is an easy starter sig item, it is a great thing to leave in a cache for others to find and it prompts people to CITO.

Don't let anyone imply that film canisters are not useful geocaching items. I have a trash bag stored in a film can in my geocaching supply cupboard, it was created by The Great Canadian Shoreline Cleanup, they make these things and hand them out to everyone.

If you really feel that you don't want to advertise for Safeway you could go get some Superstore and Walmart bags as well. :lol:

Great question and a great idea you had to encourage CITO efforts.

I found a friendly produce department manager that gave me a roll of the clear plastic handle bags that you find in that department. I was going to pay for them, but once I explained, he gave them to me. They fit much easier into a film canister, especially since they have no air in them, coming right off the roll, and hold almost as much as one of the heavier shopping bags.

The CITO bag in a film canister is a GREAT idea for a trade item. I've been looking for something other than trinkets to put in my next caches, something of substance (I've actually been to 2 caches that had McJunk scattered nearby on the ground), and that's the ticket right there. Thanks.