Go to Coordinates on Oregon 400t

aubigdog

I have an Oregon 400t and the only way that I can figure to go to coordinates is to first create a waypoint from my current location and to then edit the waypoint coordinates and then choose goto that waypoint that I just created. I saw in the Oregon wiki that there was a go to coordinates menu item under the Wherigo menu, but mine doesn't have that option. Do I need to turn it on somewhere??

Thanks in advance for the help!

No that is how most Garmin GPS units work.

Mark and then edit. Quick and simple. Just hold down the center RnR button to mark no matter what screen you are in.

There is no RnR button on the Oregon. It is a touchscreen.

Besides creating a waypoint, you can also touch anywhere on the mapscreen. That will create a "temporary" waypt at the top of the screen. Touch that button and then touch GO.

I have an Oregon 400t and the only way that I can figure to go to coordinates is to first create a waypoint from my current location and to then edit the waypoint coordinates and then choose goto that waypoint that I just created. I saw in the Oregon wiki that there was a go to coordinates menu item under the Wherigo menu, but mine doesn't have that option. Do I need to turn it on somewhere??

Not the Wherigo menu ... the Where To? menu. That's where you'll see "Coordinates" as one of the options.

JetSkier

Not the Wherigo menu ... the Where To? menu. That's where you'll see "Coordinates" as one of the options.

JetSkier

Unfortunately, I meant the Where To? menu. On my 400t, the options under Where To? are :Recent Finds, Waypoints, Tracks , Routes, All POI, Cities, Tides, Geographic Points. No coordinates....oh well.