Forum Issues

TheBeanTeam

The link for last post and the button that takes one to the last post read (or thereabouts) no longer work for me. I have cleared my browser, etc and they still do not work.

Edit to add details: The links do act like they are working but take me to a blank page. Just white space and nothing else. When I posted this it did the same. Completely blank page but when I checked to see if it posted the post had gone through.

Is this a known issue?

Anyone else getting this?

Is it just me? :(

Edited by TheBeanTeam

You know, I seem to remember helping someone troubleshoot this long ago. Both of those links work by doing redirects. That is, where you browser asks for one page from the server, and it responds by redirecting the browser to another page. I forget if it was in the browser, or in some firewall software, that redirects can be disabled. Re-enable them, at least for this site, at it will work again.

I am having a few forum issues today as it looks like a few others are. I am getting an error telling me that Groundspeak has exceeded the number of connections. I pay to be here and I cannot even access the forums a lot. Also, lately they are REALLY slow.

I am having a few forum issues today as it looks like a few others are. I am getting an error telling me that Groundspeak has exceeded the number of connections. I pay to be here and I cannot even access the forums a lot. Also, lately they are REALLY slow.

We all have the same issues. It happens.

You know, I seem to remember helping someone troubleshoot this long ago. Both of those links work by doing redirects. That is, where you browser asks for one page from the server, and it responds by redirecting the browser to another page. I forget if it was in the browser, or in some firewall software, that redirects can be disabled. Re-enable them, at least for this site, at it will work again.

It is a redirect issue. When I reload the blank page a dropdown appears indicating that Firefox blocked an automatic re-direct. I have tried to find where to re-enable them but haven't been able to find anything. Anyone have any suggestions?

:(

Lots of background work has been going on with updates and such. Should be better soon...

It is a redirect issue. When I reload the blank page a dropdown appears indicating that Firefox blocked an automatic re-direct. I have tried to find where to re-enable them but haven't been able to find anything.

With your note that Firefox was indeed to blame, I did a bit of Googling and found the setting.

Tools >> Options >> Advanced >> General >> Warn me when websites try to redirect or reload the page.

Turn it off.

Tools >> Options >> Advanced >> General >> Warn me when websites try to redirect or reload the page.

Turn it off.

Did this and it worked. I thought I had tried every combination in the options available. I appreciate your assistance and offer an apology for not thinking to Google it myself.

Thanks again.

:D