not getting my pocket Querries

jeff-trex

Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

I noticed that all of a sudden I no longer get notification e-mails for visits to my caches or visits to caches on my watch list. Just resently as I was going to load up my new BB with caches close to home.

The Pocket query ran ok but it was never sent to my e-mail inbox.

Nothing has changed with my e-mail account or my geocaching account. Not sure why this is happening?

First of all - there was a problem with the email server over the weekend but that should be cleared up by now (see the announcments section).

Second, it is not uncommon for an ISP to throttle the rate at which they will accept Groundspeak emails or block them alltogether. You would not see anything in your spam boxes.

or

An update to filtering software (ISP, corporate firewall, desktop firewall, email filtering etc) that may now be blocking Groundspeak emails - check your settings.

Also - try using a gmail account as many Geocachers have reported that it works great for all geo-emails.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

I noticed that all of a sudden I no longer get notification e-mails for visits to my caches or visits to caches on my watch list. Just resently as I was going to load up my new BB with caches close to home.

The Pocket query ran ok but it was never sent to my e-mail inbox.

Nothing has changed with my e-mail account or my geocaching account. Not sure why this is happening?

[/quote

I had the exact same problem. I used an alternative email account (yahoo) and the PQs went thru. Hours later, the PQs and log notices came through on my regular email account. Was it the server problem or my regular email account settings. If it was/is my regular email account, what settings do I change? :)