validation codes

two bison

Is anyone else having trouble getting validation codes? I just went caching with a grandson and then set up his account. The validation code has not arrived although it says that it has been sent. How long should I expect this to take? I'm using gmail and do not usually have any trouble getting geocaching mail.

If you waited and waited for your email account to get the validation code sent, and were impatient and clicked the validate button again, then be patient and WAIT for the latest most recent email to come. Then validate.

If you are in too much of a hurry then you will be using invalid validation codes.

Now I get a validation code, try it and they say it's not the latest one so it doesn't work. Can somebody out there please help? Is there a moderator monitoring this that can send me an answer?

I know how you feel ....I am going thru the same thing....Geocaching.com is all screwed up this w/e ....I just wish we could get some kind of confirmation from the web site :laughing:

If you waited and waited for your email account to get the validation code sent, and were impatient and clicked the validate button again, then be patient and WAIT for the latest most recent email to come. Then validate.

If you are in too much of a hurry then you will be using invalid validation codes.

Well I do wait & when I enter the code they send it still says invalide.....I opened an e-mail this morning from yesterday (I think thats waiting long enough) & when I tried that code it wasn't any good ....so I clicked send a validation email. I got home around 9 hrs later & I still havent gotten an e-mail .....what do I do

Well I do wait & when I enter the code they send it still says invalide.....I opened an e-mail this morning from yesterday (I think thats waiting long enough) & when I tried that code it wasn't any good ....so I clicked send a validation email. I got home around 9 hrs later & I still havent gotten an e-mail .....what do I do

You mail provider is rejecting our email to you. I'll send you a PM with the log entries so you can follow up with them.

:D Elias

You mail provider is rejecting our email to you. I'll send you a PM with the log entries so you can follow up with them.

Thank you ...I had a validation e-mail sent to my MSN account & I got it right away & have set up my account....but I will not have this e-mail account for much longer ....but now I have a new problem....As I have said I have been switched from Verizon to FairPoint....I have used Internet Explorer to view the cache pages but now when I open them up this is what I see for coords N/S ? ??.??? W/E ??? ??.??? ....I looked at the same cache page with MSN & everything is ok there....But like I said we will be losing MSN soon & I would like to clear up this mess .....Thanks for all your help

Looks like everything is working with the cache pages ...I can see the coords now .....still need the situation with e-mails fix

You'll have to contact FairPoint to ask them what's happening. They are rejecting email from us.

I had a similar problem with bellsouth (now AT&T) a while back. I suddenly stopped receiving all mail from GC.com. It wasn't being bounced back, just disappeared into the ether.

I got a gmail address and haven't had single problem since. I've switched all my personal email to gmail.

Exactly what I did "wrong." I've never been a patient person and, at this age, I'll probably not change. Now that the e-mail problem has been solved, all is good.

I had a similar problem with bellsouth (now AT&T) a while back. I suddenly stopped receiving all mail from GC.com. It wasn't being bounced back, just disappeared into the ether.

I got a gmail address and haven't had single problem since. I've switched all my personal email to gmail.

Bellsouth is a constant problem for us. We send more email to Bellsouth than they're willing to receive, so some of that mail ends up getting deleted from our servers after a few days. Attempts to get them to stop heavily throttling us have been unsuccessful.