Geocaching on TV

UKCacheMag

I was watching a thnig on TV the other night with that Ben Foggle geezer...taking some people on a trek some Old Inca place.

Got me thinking about a TV series based around geocaching.

Could travel the world caching and comment about different types of terrain, culture etc.

The "presenter" could travel and meet up with local cachers, so there could be informa chata as walking....perhaps finding a well known figure or celebrety to tag along....

Looking at different types of caches and each episode set a cache as well as find them.

Product reviews for the various software, walking kit.

Tie in with this the healty aspects of it......

This would be a cool job - where do I appy?

Where to apply? Maybe over in the States first...

Here's a link from a discussion a few months back over on the Geocaching Topics forum:

New TV Show on Geocaching.

Some interesting opinions expressed on the test episode.

MrsB

lol I cant believe he didnt mark the car :) nice Idea, not sure Id want to watch many although I wouldnt mind applying for the job :D

To make a show about geocaching, here's what you need to do.

Follow me around with a video camera, then edit a 12-hour day out so it only includes:

The bit where I jump down into a hole, and then realise I don't have a way to get out again.

The bit where I try to scramble up a muddy bank, lose footing, and tumble back down again.

The bit where I spend half an hour searching for a cache that was in the first place I looked but didn't see.

The bit where I find the cache, and then can't find my way back to the path again

The bit where I fall over in the middle of a bramble patch

The bit where I climb up a tree, and then can't get down again.

The bit where, halfway over a stile, one leg skids North, the other leg skids South and the rest of me goes downwards with a sudden impact that nearly splits my difference.

The bit where I round a corner and see the track stretching ahead for several hundred yards, but the track looks like a river from side to side.

The bit where I spend ten minutes trying to open the container.

The bit where I hide my bike in the wood, wander off, find the cache, and then spend half an hour looking for my bike.

The bit where I reach a fork in the track, go left, realise after a while that's wrong, go back to the fork, go right, realise after 100 yards that's wrong, and go left again.

The bit where I crawl through holly/brambles/nettles for several yards, reach the cache, and find that I could have accessed it without the crawl, from the other side.

The bit where I take off my trousers to wade through a thigh-high river, and the bit where on the other side, I'm wading through shoulder-high nettles. With no trousers.

The bit where I spend half an hour searching for a cache, only to discover that it had been archived a few days ago.

The bit where I get caught in a sudden downpour, miles from shelter, and just have to keep plodding on.

The bit where the downpour turns into a very close-by llightning-and-thunderstorm

The bit where the thunderstorm turns to hail.

Large hail.

The bit where I fall off my bike. You'll have a few to choose from.

The bit where I get back to the car, and sit blissfully drinking hot coffee.