What is a muggler?

ToasterEater

Welcome to the game - I'm fairly new myself only 45 finds.

Glossery of terms here and the geocaching lexicon here

From geocaching.com glossery:

Muggle

A non-geocacher. Based on "Muggle" from the Harry Potter series, which is a non-magical person. Usually this term is used after a non geocacher looks puzzled after befriending a geocacher searching for a cache, or when a non-geocacher accidentally finds a cache. Geomuggles are mostly harmless.

Muggle

A non-geocacher. Based on "Muggle" from the Harry Potter series, which is a non-magical person. Usually this term is used after a non geocacher looks puzzled after befriending a geocacher searching for a cache, or when a non-geocacher accidentally finds a cache. Geomuggles are mostly harmless.

Lol, thanks

Muggle

Lol, thanks

Your welcome.

I see that term everywhere...

Anyway, found my VERY FIRST cache today... so much fun.

Love this. :D

A geocache may be found by a muggle. There's no need to throw an "r" on the end. People tend to do that, because of the word "mugger". But there is no "muggler". It's just "muggle".

Although considering what happerns to caches sometimes, some could possibly be considerd 'muggler's' :)

Edited by Hampshire_Hog

Welcome to the game! I'm another newbie with only 43 caches. I'm sure you're getting hooked already. It's been a blast for me so far. I'm even working on placing my first cahces already. Can't wait for the weather to break to make it easier. Not that it's stopping me the way it is. :D

I had the same question about muggles a few weeks back. That was ironic, as I was a muggle up to that point, and never knew it. I found most of my answers in the postings for newbies. It's all spelled out, and easy enough to understand once you stumble in to all the information on here. This is a great place to get started.

Hope to see you "on the trail" sometime!

Seeker_Knight

I see that term everywhere...

Anyway, found my VERY FIRST cache today... so much fun.

Love this. :)

My instinct when I saw the post title was that a "muggler" is an anti-geocacher: someone who uses his GPS to find caches, then wrecks them, moves, them, steals the contents, destroys the logs, et cetera just to be a jerk.

Hopefully such creatures are merely the work of my fevered imagination and do not actually exist.