Geocaching on Law & Order

Hobo2

I just caught the last part of an episode of Law & Order Criminal Intent. In the episode "The Unblinking Eye" they said the murder weapon was found right by a geocache. They had the caches log, and the container. I was wondering if any of you have seen that episode... kinda cool, Geocaching has made it into the movies!

That is cool! No I have not seen it. Was it a new episode? I will watch for it!

I just searched it on my tv guide and found that it is on in my area on the Mystery channel (which means it is an old episode) at 12:00am and 4:00am tonight or Thursday morning (whatever way you describe the middle of the night ;)

The episode descriptions says: Goren and Eames probe a high-tech treasure-hunt game after a woman is gunned down.

Thanks for telling us Hobo. I am going to try to watch it at midnight tonight.

Edited by brendah

Season 4 Episode E5424

THE UNBLINKING EYE 9/8pm 5/08/05

STREET SHOOTINGS RAISE PUBLIC OUTCRY AS POLICE PROBE FEMALE STALKER -- AND HIGH-TECH TREASURE HUNT GAME -- After a young actor Mike, (guest star Jeffrey Hephner) is wounded and his fiancee is shot dead on the street, Detectives Goren (Vincent D'Onofrio) and Eames (Kathryn Erbe) are pointed towards the surviving victim's former girlfriend, who is known to have stalked him. The key, however, might turn on their probe of "geocaching," a high-tech treasure-hunt game that could yield vital clues. As the media and public mourn the man's tragic loss, the police want to take another look at some of his acting buddies, especially one who never lets go of his Palm Pilot. Jamey Sheridan and Courtney B. Vance also star.

Season 4 Episode E5424

THE UNBLINKING EYE 9/8pm 5/08/05

STREET SHOOTINGS RAISE PUBLIC OUTCRY AS POLICE PROBE FEMALE STALKER -- AND HIGH-TECH TREASURE HUNT GAME -- After a young actor Mike, (guest star Jeffrey Hephner) is wounded and his fiancee is shot dead on the street, Detectives Goren (Vincent D'Onofrio) and Eames (Kathryn Erbe) are pointed towards the surviving victim's former girlfriend, who is known to have stalked him. The key, however, might turn on their probe of "geocaching," a high-tech treasure-hunt game that could yield vital clues. As the media and public mourn the man's tragic loss, the police want to take another look at some of his acting buddies, especially one who never lets go of his Palm Pilot. Jamey Sheridan and Courtney B. Vance also star.

;) How cool, thanks for posting. ;)

No problem. The people who haven't seen it may be interested in watching for it the next time it is repeated. I remember the big controversy was that it showed using a trowel to dig for the cache.

Digging should be upsetting, it sheds a destructive light on our sport. It leaves those who don't know how we place a cache, looking at us as damaging the environment.

Edited by Hobo2

I just caught the last part of an episode of Law & Order Criminal Intent. In the episode "The Unblinking Eye" they said the murder weapon was found right by a geocache. They had the caches log, and the container. I was wondering if any of you have seen that episode... kinda cool, Geocaching has made it into the movies!

I remember that episode. IIRC the cache was buried in the ground, but it's been a while.

Jim

No problem. The people who haven't seen it may be interested in watching for it the next time it is repeated. I remember the big controversy was that it showed using a trowel to dig for the cache.

Digging should be upsetting, it sheds a destructive light on our sport. It leaves those who don't know how we place a cache, looking at us as damaging the environment.

That one bugged me too at the time. There was another episode where they were investigating someone who was "wardriving". (logging into open access points on someone wireless internet router.) They found a body with a N-Type adapter and Eames came across it while searching the victim. She pulled it out of his pocket and immediately identified it by name, at the crime scene, and knew that it was "predominately used by wardrivers".

How many of you all could identify this on sight and know exactly why a victim would have it on them...

img_0808.jpg

Like the Geocaching episode, I think they took a few too many liberties for the sake of telling a story in 42 minutes.