Sharing your experience

redrockflycaster

Hello, Newbie having dificulty following instructions on how to find the detail page as stated in "Learning how to share a find" I have logged in ok, but can not find the detail page as it states to do. Next it states to click on upper right hand corner of navigation to click on "Log your visit" I can not find that either. What am I doing wrong? Please help me obi-wan-cache!

Redrockflycaster

Hello, Newbie having dificulty following instructions on how to find the detail page as stated in "Learning how to share a find" I have logged in ok, but can not find the detail page as it states to do. Next it states to click on upper right hand corner of navigation to click on "Log your visit" I can not find that either. What am I doing wrong? Please help me obi-wan-cache!

Redrockflycaster

Make sure you are logged into gecoaching.com; once logged in, then, once you are on the cache page you found, there will be several links in the right hand corner. One of these is "Log your visit"

hello and welcome!

The Detail Page is the cache page where you see the coordinates and the description of the cache; find it by entering the GC# (Geocache Code) in the search screen (the screen where you see Welcome to Geocaching). If you are logged in, you'll see the coordinates instead of ?'s when the page loads.

Now look in the upper right hand corner of that page, you'll see a Navigation box and listed in there will be the Log your visit link. click that and you'll get the screen where you type your log about the hunt/find.

Redrockflycaster

Hi :blink:

I'm not quite clear whether you've actually found a cache or not: Do you mean that you haven't found out how to locate the list of your nearest geocaches, or that you've found a cache but you're not sure how you do the log to report your successful find?

MrsB

redrock... fellow flycaster!

Hey there... I was searching around (newbie here also) for information and found a member here has a great web site and YouTube site for any and just about all questions I had!

Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/user/headhardhat

I am heading down to the Denver Fly Fishing Show in about an hour myself!!!

Camping this weekend, so have to go on a Friday... hope it SNOWS! Love winter camping.

(Yes I camp in a TENT) LOL

Be Safe...

WALK

(Thanks again HeadHardHat!)

How far are you getting? It sounds as if you aren't getting the page for the cache itself. (the guide does call that the detail page) If that's the case, and you are logged in already, you will need to search for a cache. There is a quick version on the main page that lets you search by zip code. But the way I use the most is under "hide and seek a cache" (upper part of page). Click that and it will open a page with several search options, among them is to look near an address. Plug in you address and the closest caches to you will pop up.

Best of luck, ask more questions if it isn't working for you.

Redrockflycaster

Make sure you are logged into gecoaching.com; once logged in, then, once you are on the cache page you found, there will be several links in the right hand corner. One of these is "Log your visit"

Thank You, I found it.

Redrockflycaster

Redrockflycaster

Hi :ph34r:

I'm not quite clear whether you've actually found a cache or not: Do you mean that you haven't found out how to locate the list of your nearest geocaches, or that you've found a cache but you're not sure how you do the log to report your successful find?

MrsB

I have not found a cache yet at all, thats how new I am, I just wanted to see where I post my cache finds, when I do find one. Thank you for your help, I found the "Log your visit"

How far are you getting? It sounds as if you aren't getting the page for the cache itself. (the guide does call that the detail page) If that's the case, and you are logged in already, you will need to search for a cache. There is a quick version on the main page that lets you search by zip code. But the way I use the most is under "hide and seek a cache" (upper part of page). Click that and it will open a page with several search options, among them is to look near an address. Plug in you address and the closest caches to you will pop up.

Best of luck, ask more questions if it isn't working for you.

Thank you, much appreciated

redrock... fellow flycaster!

Hey there... I was searching around (newbie here also) for information and found a member here has a great web site and YouTube site for any and just about all questions I had!

Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/user/headhardhat

I am heading down to the Denver Fly Fishing Show in about an hour myself!!!

Camping this weekend, so have to go on a Friday... hope it SNOWS! Love winter camping.

(Yes I camp in a TENT) LOL

Be Safe...

WALK

Walkafire, Thank you, that is a neat site to visit, learning as I go. If your ever in the Arizona area, look me up (www.oakcreekflyrods.com) Lets cast a fly and go find a cache.

Paul (Redrockflycaster)

(Thanks again HeadHardHat!)

hello and welcome!

The Detail Page is the cache page where you see the coordinates and the description of the cache; find it by entering the GC# (Geocache Code) in the search screen (the screen where you see Welcome to Geocaching). If you are logged in, you'll see the coordinates instead of ?'s when the page loads.

Now look in the upper right hand corner of that page, you'll see a Navigation box and listed in there will be the Log your visit link. click that and you'll get the screen where you type your log about the hunt/find.

Thank you for the welcome, and for the newbie help, I found the link. Excited about getting started, and having fun looking for the cache. Again thanks.

RRFC