Last minute Christmas gift idea

GeoBobC

I'm looking for a last minute gift for my wife and am considering an in-car nav system. I'm a long time user of outdoor Garmin products, so that would be my first brand choice. I admit I have done no research on the automotive products.

Can I get something like a Nuvi for $250 or less that I (and she) would be satisfied with? We don't need bells and whistles like MP3 players or bluetooth connectivity: just basic street navigation. Also, we need the ability to update maps periodically (like in the outdoor products). I also have waypoints I would like to add to the car nav system, probably uploaded from a product like Mapsource.

I currently use a 60Cx with City Navigator 2009, so that's my level of understanding.

Thanks for your help!

I'm looking for a last minute gift for my wife and am considering an in-car nav system. I'm a long time user of outdoor Garmin products, so that would be my first brand choice. I admit I have done no research on the automotive products.

Can I get something like a Nuvi for $250 or less that I (and she) would be satisfied with? We don't need bells and whistles like MP3 players or bluetooth connectivity: just basic street navigation. Also, we need the ability to update maps periodically (like in the outdoor products). I also have waypoints I would like to add to the car nav system, probably uploaded from a product like Mapsource.

I currently use a 60Cx with City Navigator 2009, so that's my level of understanding.

Thanks for your help!

West Marine had nuvi 200w's (with 205 internals, I think) for $119. Amazon had the same one for $200. At that price I couldn't pass it up. Link.

I love that fact that I can now drive around and see when caches are nearby - that to me is just totally kewl. Premium Membership (pocket queries) + GSAK + my Nuvi = <_<

Edited by Desert Pirates

Thanks for your help!

West Marine had nuvi 200w's (with 205 internals, I think) for $119. Amazon had the same one for $200. At that price I couldn't pass it up. Link.

I love that fact that I can now drive around and see when caches are nearby - that to me is just totally kewl. Premium Membership (pocket queries) + GSAK + my Nuvi = <_<

Have you considered a diamond ring or a Nordstrom gift certificate? That's what I got mine. Really made her happy (me too!)