Extreme Events = Extreme Fun!

Simply Paul

Hello again everyone its very exciting to hear you are all arriving here or have already arrived. I don't know if I will be able to attend any of the events due to just recently having surgery and still recovering.

But as I said in the past I am happy to help with any questions anyone has.

If there are any planned meet ups in Lerwick just for a social chat I would love to be able to meet some fellow Geocachers.

I hope you all have a fantastic time!!

Sorry JayDee, but it was lovely to meet you on the Islands anyway! Full report of this amazing trip in my logs shortly, when I've had a bath and a bite to eat...

In other news, I made it to the top of Snowdon from Ben Nevis' peak in 23 hours and 39 minutes, on an hour's sleep. Quite a tough day! Thanks to everyone who came along to the 3 mountain-top events and I promise to sort out the TB and Coin logging ASAP! :)

Couldn't have been luckier with the weather for Shetland or the hills (or Orkney, for that matter) and can recommend any of the event locations for a surreal day (or night, in the case of Scafell Pike) out.

Well, I'm back in Shetland sooner than expected but will be working on Thursday. :)

Oh sorry, what a shame we missed you. We don't frequent the forums much nowadays, and post even less so!

Next time? We will be back... And if you come this far South let us know.

Cheers, L&H.

Hello again everyone its very exciting to hear you are all arriving here or have already arrived. I don't know if I will be able to attend any of the events due to just recently having surgery and still recovering.

If there are any planned meet ups in Lerwick just for a social chat I would love to be able to meet some fellow Geocachers.

So sorry that I missed this message as i'm sure we could have arranged something! Shetland was just fantastic so i'm sure we'll be back some time!!

In other news, I made it to the top of Snowdon from Ben Nevis' peak in 23 hours and 39 minutes, on an hour's sleep. Quite a tough day!

Well done!!! Thats a good time!!

I made it to the top of Snowdon from Ben Nevis' peak in 23 hours and 39 minutes, on an hour's sleep.

Congratulations Paul, you achieved your goal! Yay! I'm flying to Edinburgh tomorrow morning to start my Three Peaks Challenge. We're hoping to do foot of Ben Nevis to Snowdon summit in 24 hours, but the weather is looking pretty unforgiving at the moment.

Woops, I missed this too- it was posted long after I'd left for the drive up. Such a shame, as we were in Lerwick quite a lot (Taste of Shetland was on!) and would have loved to meet up. As has been said, next time! In the meantime, get well soon and thanks, I think we did all have a fantastic time :o

This may interest others following in my boot-steps on Ben Nevis, Scafell Pike and Snowdon: GC1T7V1 Three Peaks Challenge Bonus: Ben Nevis. I've approached a couple of locals to Snowdon and Scafell Pike to hide their own versions for folks ending on other hills (Snowdon being the obvious one), but there's nothing placed yet- as far as I know. I'll give them a chase-up, but if any forum user likes the idea in the meantime... :)

Big congrats to the slim dashing SP! No, really well done....

Kristakerosene, we're sorry we missed you too, we had a four nights stay in Lerwick on the way up. Perhaps if postings were made on the Event page we might have seen them as that is on our watchlist so we would have seen any comments.

Never mind, as before, next time!

Cheers L&H.

Oh, fantastic time? Better than that :o:)

Congratulations Paul on your 3 peaks achievement and also the the rest of the band intrepid cachers who traveled so far north that you must have been in danger of falling off the edge of the world! (apologies to residents).

I wish I could have been there. Oh well perhaps next year.

tony