What type of caches do you ignore?

Kit Fox

Yes, but a bad/dangerous area is, for the most part, going to remain that. Why not keep it off your PQs where they are taking up space?

Yep, that's what I use the ignore list for. After I've been to the area and abort the mission because I decide it's not for me I put the cache on the ignore list in order to filter it out from my PQs.

"Which caches do I ignore?"

Well, the one in a pickle park in Goldsboro where you gotta "wade thru ankle-deep used condoms", for one.

Wow. That's alot of condoms; an amazing amount, really. I might hide a cache there just to showcase this once in a lifetime situation. Edited by sbell111
"Which caches do I ignore?"

Well, the one in a pickle park in Goldsboro where you gotta "wade thru ankle-deep used condoms", for one.

Won't even drive my Blazer down the road to it, in fact.

And can't help but wonder how those who "don't ignore any caches" would handle that'n.

Well wonder no more.

I am one of "those" who "don't ignore any caches." When I find myself in any place I judge to be too uncomfortable, too unsafe, too weird, too unsanitary, too high, too wet, too dark, too hot, too cold – or in any other way too unpleasant for caching – I simply turn around and leave.

Shocked? Surprised? I ask because I can't help but wonder how those who "ignore certain caches" assumed those of us who "don't ignore any caches" thought we handled it.

Wait, you mean to tell me that you have a choice when you get to GZ? :huh::ph34r:;)

Each new Groundspeak account comes with the "I hereby adopt the attitude that I am forced to seek each and every geocache as soon as it is listed, whether I want to or not" item pre-selected by default.

Judging by the forums, I am apparently one of the very few who noticed, and thought to un-check the check box, on that one.

I don't have any caches on my ignore list.

I have given up on a few puzzle caches, too hard and too much guesswork with no way to check coords is a no-no for me, I have sat down today to look at the multi's in my area to see if I could find a solution and have solved a few but if I really don't get it I might try again some later time but if it's just to hard to figure out it's no fun for me, I like puzzles but there are limits to how far I'll go for a cache.

And yesterday I went to a cache that was in the cache creator's parent's front yard that I turned around and left on because someone was inside looking at me when I passed in front of the house. They know about the cache but I don't like having to talk to people or searching in front of their eyes. If I meet another cacher that's a different story.