Pocket Queries not running or running incorrectly

KRnlKilR

HELP!

I suddenly seem to be having problems running PQs. When I create a new PQ and attempt to preview it, nothing shows up. When I attempt to actually run the PQ, even though I can't preview, it never runs. It just sits in the queue, but never actually executes.

Attempting to use a work-around that I found in the forums, I copy an existing PQ that has run successfully in the past. I edit the copy of the PQ, but when I try to preview it the results are the same as the original PQ. When I click 'edit' to review the PQ, I see that some of the selections are not staying at the new value, but rather reverting to what they were in the original PQ.

What gives? Am I doing something wrong, or is their still an issue with the PQs? Can someone offer a work-around to the work-around?

Thanks!

Edited by KRnlKilR

I haven't had any problems with my PQ's for the past few weeks (since all the threads about PQ's not running or running late). I even just tried copying one and updating it and it threw results back at me as normal. Are you sure you haven't set your filter criteria too strict and there just really aren't any caches that meet that criteria?

Don't use "home" but enter the actual coordinates. It's a known bug.

I've never had any issues with selecting "My Home Coordinates". I tried one just now, and the preview worked fine.

But, maybe it's a sporadic bug.

It didn't used to be a bug... at least, not known to me.

Seriously, I should have to enter my home coordinates every time I want to run a PQ for caches near my home. First, I don't remember them and will have to look them up every time (though I guess with the repitition, I would eventually have them memorized). Second, I shouldn't have to enter them when I want to run a PQ. The 'Home Coordinated' radio button is right there.

If it is a known bug, why can't Groundspeak fix it? That's what we're paying them for... :D

I reported this well over 2 years ago and it still isn't fixed.

Here is a quick and easy work around:

Create the PQ with all the options you want, including limiting by state, and everything else, BUT, select something bogus for your center point, it can be a zip code, bogus coordinates, doesn't matter, just anything except home coordinates.

Save it.

Preview it to make sure you get some kind of results.

Now go back and select home coordinates and save.

Preview.

Now its safe to schedule or whatever you want.