Pocket query not running or generating a crash on the site

Redisant Kitten

I'm been trying to get a pocket query to run in prep for a trip to Alaska later this week. When I try to run it either nothing happens (no email delivered) or I get an error screen telling me an error happened and to add some comments to notify Groundspeak.

I am going to guess that there is some data problem with part of the dataset my query is hitting against that's causing the failure.

I'm creating a query based on this URL

http://www.geocaching.com/pocket/gcquery.a...481312735329295

I changed the distance to 15 mile radius and limit the query to 250 results. I also tried limiting cache types and limiting to active but those selections aren't necessary to get the query to fail. I've also tried running the query once on today, running it on the selected day and deleting it and now I've scheduled it for tomorrow to see if it runs then. I've tried various permutations of the query around 15 to 20 times with no success. I've created other queries for the area south of there earlier this morning and they ran fine.

So I assumed that the query itself was causing the issue but I just ran a very small local query and it didn't send me the email either.

Are PQs broken right now or is it just me?

Any ideas?

My Dad (hbo518) has been having problems receiving his query in the email today also. I went into his account created a new query and sent to my Email Address It shows the preview of the Caches but I still have not recieved the email yet either and I ran the Query about 15 min ago. Not sure but I have been having issues for a few days some times taking many hours before I receive my email with the results. Server must just be to over worked.

I've had a lot of similar problems as every one else and have been thinking.

Here is my proposed solution:

- Give each user 5 PQ's per day, as it is now

- Pool unused PQ's. Naturally the pool should have a limit and I would even be in favor of a small limit of maybe 15

- Continue to cap scheduled PQ's (marked "Run this query every week on the days checked") to 5

This has a lot of advantages to everyone and fixes these issues:

- If PQ's lap (run the next day)

- If PQ's don't run at all on a day due to the PQ generator being down or too busy

- If someone occasionally needs to run a couple extra PQs, like for a vacation or something

- It doesn't give any extra PQ's to users that area already maxing out the system running 5/day

- It gives more flexibility to users that don't max out their 5/day

I've tried to run a simple query to get local caches. Everytime it returns nothing.

This has been an issue for ages, and at first I thought it was probably just a glitch, but now I aint so sure..

Do the empty results count against my 5 a day?

If you just preview it, no, if you actually run it, yes.

What options are you choosing?

Hint: always preview a PQ before scheduling it to run.

I think the site is just slow lately...REALLY slow. I got my weekly PQ a day late, and still have not received my finds query...haven't received that in two weeks (yes; I added it to the queue).

Hi,

I have similar problems: GC Server doesn't react on my attempts to start a query. Really nothing happens, nor a mail neither a result on the page that the query was processed. The PQ-que seems to be full or a lot of queries are to be processed. The Server is also really slow: google maps displays Caches only when the map is shown first, than nothing happens (3 Computer and 2 different browser)

Anyone of Groundspeak reading in the thread????

happy hunting

Udo

I've tried to run a simple query to get local caches. Everytime it returns nothing.

This has been an issue for ages, and at first I thought it was probably just a glitch, but now I aint so sure..

I am just slecting local caches, within 20 miles, usual attributes for cache size, availability etc..

The query seems to run, but returns nothing, zip, zilch, nada..

Is anyone else getting this problem?

I am just slecting local caches, within 20 miles, usual attributes for cache size, availability etc..

Is anyone else getting this problem?

Two questions...

Are you selecting "home coordinates" AND a state?

Are you choosing any conflicting attributes such as found and not found or owned and not owned?