Newbie here

troberts0034

Hey guys! I just scored a Garmin eTrex Legend on Craigslist Monday evening for $20 (brand new, guy's getting a divorce and has a new iPhone that'll whoop this GPS's you-know-what). So, I put new batteries in it and let it locate the local satelites and it works great.

I found this website and started checking local caches, and there are three within a 1/2 mile of our apartment, so I got the baby and girlfriend suited up for the cold and we set out yesterday and found our first cache. We really enjoyed it! Its a great way to get the family out and go for a walk/hike.

Hey guys! I just scored a Garmin eTrex Legend on Craigslist Monday evening for $20 (brand new, guy's getting a divorce and has a new iPhone that'll whoop this GPS's you-know-what). So, I put new batteries in it and let it locate the local satelites and it works great.

I found this website and started checking local caches, and there are three within a 1/2 mile of our apartment, so I got the baby and girlfriend suited up for the cold and we set out yesterday and found our first cache. We really enjoyed it! Its a great way to get the family out and go for a walk/hike.

I feel the same way, it's a great way to get my kids off the couch and outside. I let my kids navigate with our unit (Legend) and guide us through the woods using the compass. It's a great way for them to gain a good sense of direction and to have fun.

Enjoy! :o

I feel the same way, it's a great way to get my kids off the couch and outside. I let my kids navigate with our unit (Legend) and guide us through the woods using the compass. It's a great way for them to gain a good sense of direction and to have fun.

Enjoy! :o

My daughter just turned two this month, so she's a little young to understand the NSEW stuff, however she likes to go walking with us and LOVES to be outside.

I've been looking around and found a few geocaches done by off-roaders in the Uwharrie, NC OHV Area. I was wondering what other OHV parks on the East Coast have them. My off-roading club makes at least one trip to Uwharrie each year and now I've got something to do while I'm there to make things even more interesting.

Enjoy! ;)

My daughter just turned two this month, so she's a little young to understand the NSEW stuff, however she likes to go walking with us and LOVES to be outside.

I've been looking around and found a few geocaches done by off-roaders in the Uwharrie, NC OHV Area. I was wondering what other OHV parks on the East Coast have them. My off-roading club makes at least one trip to Uwharrie each year and now I've got something to do while I'm there to make things even more interesting.

You might ask about the NC off road areas in your local geocaching organization's forum >> http://www.ncgeocachers.org/

:o

I think my girlfriend is more excited about it than I am, which is nice.

Count your blessings :yikes:

We do alot of stuff together. She likes most of it. I'm into hot rod cars/drag racing, off-roading, camping, hunting and fishing and she enjoys going with me for the most part. She usually doesn't hang around when I'm working on a project vehicle, which is ok because she's usually watching our daughter. I'm also getting into CB/HAM radio and she already wants one for her DD for interstate use. She's really great!

I'm glad your happy with your unit and we all hope you are with us for sometime. And if you are now is the time to upgrade to a top of the line GPS unit....That is the way we play...we are never satisfied. Me I have 3 units, the 1st two were to save money, yea right. I just boob boobed like so many, trying to buy something "cheap".....Go for the best, it is only 10% more. Good luck and many happy caching years ahead. Stay with caching it is fun. When you find 400-600 caches, then it is time to start hiding caches....that is fun too. Oh, and so is a "premium membership", that is when life begins in geocaching.....