Distance between virtual and traditional?

6coondawgs

I believe caches are supposed to be placed 528 feet from the nearest cache. I have found caches where there is a virtual, earthcache, and traditional within like 30 or 40 feet of each other. What is the rule or guideline on this? I have a cache I'd like to hide and it is less than .1 mile from a virtual. Will it be published or turned down?

It would be polite to ask the virtual owner for permission first, but it is not required. Well, unless you're placing a new earthcache near an existing physical cache... permision is required in that case.

Otherwise, a physical, virtual, and earth cache call all be listed at the same spot. And you could have virtual legs for mystery and multi caches there too. And throw in letterboxes, navicaches, and terracaches. Popular spots can get really crowded if you're not careful.

Tsk. Tsk. I was chastised by one of the moderators for not having read the caching guidelines well enough when I mentioned this. Common courtesy says to move your cache coordinates a few feet off.

For caches without containers (Virtuals, virtual stages of mult/imystery caches and EarthCaches) proximity rules do not apply.