Oregon 300 mis-marking cache as found on upload

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this anomaly.

When I load caches from GSAK to my Oregon 300, I always seem to have some caches listed in my "Found" listing, that I haven't yet been to. It always marks 3 or 4. I can easily "Go" to them, and then mark them as "Unattempted", but its just down right annoying!

GSAK definitely see's them as "Not Found"...

Haven't tried loading a pocket query straight into the Oregon to check if it does the same thing, as I like to load more than the 200 max.

Edited by hike4familyfun

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this anomaly.

When I load caches from GSAK to my Oregon 300, I always seem to have some caches listed in my "Found" listing, that I haven't yet been to. It always marks 3 or 4. I can easily "Go" to them, and then mark them as "Unattempted", but its just down right annoying!

GSAK definitely see's them as "Not Found"...

Haven't tried loading a pocket query straight into the Oregon to check if it does the same thing, as I like to load more than the 200 max.

Are these caches marked as found in your geocache_visits.txt file? Try deleting it.

Should be at GARMIN\geocache_vists.txt

If you haven't discovered field notes, by the way, they are incredibly convenient. You just upload that file to get a list of your finds in order for easy logging.

http://www.geocaching.com/my/uploadfieldnotes.aspx

-Ben

Are these caches marked as found in your geocache_visits.txt file? Try deleting it.

If I delete that file (It did have the caches in the file), will the Oregon naturally re-create the file, or should I just delete the text within the file and resave it?

also u can load 500 caches per gpx on the oregon

I've loaded a 1000 cache gpx file onto my Oregon, with no problems.

Thanx for the feedback, I appreciate any and all comments!!!

We recommend that you delete the "geocache_visits.txt" file on the Colorado once your Field Notes are uploaded.

Think I found the answer to my previous question :(

If you haven't discovered field notes, by the way, they are incredibly convenient.

No, I didn't realize I could do this feature, as it stated it was for the Colorado.... I will check it out :rolleyes: