Send to magellan

momandson2006

I believe this was brought up before and the explanation was that it's an issue with Magellan rather than the GC.com site. From what I understand Magellan does not share their source code that would enable this function. I'd say contact Magellan about this but given Magellan's concern for their customers you'd probably just be talking to yourself.

GSAK is still the best route by far. My two cents anyways.

Cheers! :ph34r:

Actually, I believe I read that Garmin wrote the programming to enable this feature.

If I recall correctly, for it to work, you must install a small program on your computer that will be connected to the GPSr.

Personally, I'm against the whole concept as I believe people should READ the cache page before heading out to hunt a cache.

Actually, I believe I read that Garmin wrote the programming to enable this feature.

If I recall correctly, for it to work, you must install a small program on your computer that will be connected to the GPSr.

Personally, I'm against the whole concept as I believe people should READ the cache page before heading out to hunt a cache.

Where does it say the "Send to GPS" feature only works if you DON'T read the cache page?

I read the cache page and then use the Send to GPS function to speed up the loading process and eliminate fat finger waypoint errors. So far, it has worked great.

Where does it say the "Send to GPS" feature only works if you DON'T read the cache page?

I read the cache page and then use the Send to GPS function to speed up the loading process and eliminate fat finger waypoint errors. So far, it has worked great.

You are reading way too much into what AZ said. He means (I think) that nobody should be going to ANY cache without reading that caches cache page first. Read all cache pages for caches you are going to. That's one reason I use PQ's, I can load those cache pages into my PDA and have them with me at all times. I hardly ever search BLIND.

Now, just using the Send To GPS feature alone is kind of asking for trouble. Having your GPS filled up with thousands of coordinates and no, or not much, other information is a real problem when there are DNF'ers who are so disrespectful that they give this great sport a bad image.

Wow! Thanks for all the feed back. I actually have 20,000 caches and associated images loaded into GSAK and on my laptop so anywhere I go I have everything I need to go caching. The reason for my original question was for FTF's when a cache pops up thought it would be nice to hit send grab my gps and run. Its not much harder then that now but it just that Garmin has a button I wanted one! (From what I have read I Will probably own a Garmin soon!) As for Magellan customer service I agree it sucks I had trouble getting topo map send to work with my Explorist 500 and every time I called customer service I was told in a very heavy accent and I quote "Surely you shall be for reinstalling the software and surely it shall be working" After reinstalling 5 times I did some research and found they had put out a bad batch so I went back to Gander Mountain exchanged 3 times before Gander Mountain got a new shipment in from a different batch and all is well but the Magellan web site tells you that there is a problem and what batch to avoid and customer service did not! I got the same thing every time reinstall the software and it will work!