new maps on 60csx

gypsy1965

No.

That map version only comes with a single unlock code. You would need to purchase an additional unlock code from Garmin in order to unlock the maps on an additional GPS unit that you own.

Plus if you purchased the update version for your street pilot (not sure what model you have), then you would need to purchase the full version for your 60CSx. The update version won't work for a unit that doesn't already have a prior version of the maps installed.

No.

That map version only comes with a single unlock code. You would need to purchase an additional unlock code from Garmin in order to unlock the maps on an additional GPS unit that you own.

Plus if you purchased the update version for your street pilot (not sure what model you have), then you would need to purchase the full version for your 60CSx. The update version won't work for a unit that doesn't already have a prior version of the maps installed.

@#$%^ that sucks!........ Thank you for the help!

How do you get Ibycus to send to the GPSMAP 60 CSx? I can see the map in mapsource but it does not give me the option to send to device. I have added a 2 gig micro SD which I am able to see also.

I got mapSource Version 5 with my 60.

Use the map tool to select segments to send to the card. The segments selected turn pink and show up in the map tab at the left. 2025 max segments, no matter how large your card. After they are selected then choose "Send to Device". Send all the segments you want in one download. Subsequent downloads overwrite the one on the card, not add to it.

P.S. Use a USB 2.0 cardreader if you have one. It is much slower to send the maps when the card is in the 60CSx.

Edited by Klatch

How do you get Ibycus to send to the GPSMAP 60 CSx? I can see the map in mapsource but it does not give me the option to send to device. I have added a 2 gig micro SD which I am able to see also.

I just noticed how old your MapSource is. The latest version is 6.14.1, but most people (me included) are not happy with it and have gone back to 6.13.7.

Download here.

Edited by Klatch

Use the map tool to select segments to send to the card. The segments selected turn pink and show up in the map tab at the left. 2025 max segments, no matter how large your card. After they are selected then choose "Send to Device". Send all the segments you want in one download. Subsequent downloads overwrite the one on the card, not add to it.

P.S. Use a USB 2.0 cardreader if you have one. It is much slower to send the maps when the card is in the 60CSx.

Thanks.... Worked Great.