How to use the name....

geoaware

Just a little heads up - the correct way to write (spell) the name of this program is EarthCache.

It might not seem a big deal, but it really is to the advantage of the program is people are consistent, especially when writing to seek permission to place an EarthCache, getting items in the media or asking people to get involved.

Edited by geoaware

Got it. It's the EarthCache program. The cache itself is an earth cache, lest we be stuck calling them EarthCache caches which is rather redundant. It's accepated form to contract the type of cache with the cache itself. Earth cache becomes earthcache which is different than the EarthCache program.

The distinction is important. I can easily see an earthcache being listed on Navicache but not one that's part of the EarthCache program.

...If you visit more than three, you may be in the running to get an EarthCache Masters pin...

Very nice. :D

So what would an EarthCache style cache be on Navicache or Terracaching? GeoCache is out.

Yes it's a smart alecky question, but since I have several variations involving this kind of caching in general in my bag of tricks it’s a fair question.

Just a little heads up - the correct way to write (spell) the name of this program is EarthCache.

It might not seem a big deal, but it really is to the advantage of the program is people are consistent, especially when writing to seek permission to place an EarthCache, getting items in the media or asking people to get involved.

Noted. Thanks.

I've updated all of my EarthCaches as well as my EarthCaching Event to reflect this. I've also got the word in Wisconsin and I'll get the word out in Iowa this evening.

Thank you Geoaware for bringing this to our attention.

I've updated all of my EarthCaches as well as my EarthCaching Event to reflect this. I've also got the word in Wisconsin and I'll get the word out in Iowa this evening.

Thank you Geoaware for bringing this to our attention.

We have posted this information on the Wisconsin Geocaching boards (which BTW does have a special EarthCaching section) ...several of us are checking for uniformity....

Edited by Lostby7

In that case, it would be helpful for Groundspeak to be consistent also. In the guidelines it's repeatedly spelled "Earthcache."