pocket query schedule

JonInNH1

No, the query won't necessarily run at the exact same time the following week. Assume that ten times the usual volume of brand-new, never-run queries are scheduled to run on Friday. These will have priority over queries run the previous week, bumping the run time of one's weekly query forward by some amount of time.

Priority is assigned in reverse order from the last time the query ran. Never run queries are placed ahead of any quesries that have run before. Then they are ranked by how long it has been since they last ran. This will vary the time a query runs by a few minutes to several hours each week.

Yes scheduled PQ's have become almost useless if you need them in a timely manner. If you need them by a certain time just make a copy of the the PQ and run it. It will run almost at once.

Priority is assigned in reverse order from the last time the query ran. Never run queries are placed ahead of any quesries that have run before. Then they are ranked by how long it has been since they last ran. This will vary the time a query runs by a few minutes to several hours each week.

I have scheduled queries for the local area, created using the date-placed method. These run throughout the week, with the earliest dates run early in the week, and the latest dates run on Thursday. This way I have reasonably fresh information on new caches before the weekend.

I don't schedule any queries for Friday or the weekend. These seem to be the busiest times for the servers, so you never know when it will run.

I usually run newly created queries on the day I create them. By not having any scheduled queries on Fridays or weekends, I am free to create new ones for special areas at nearly the last minute, and they generally run fairly quickly.

I have scheduled queries for the local area, created using the date-placed method. These run throughout the week, with the earliest dates run early in the week, and the latest dates run on Thursday. This way I have reasonably fresh information on new caches before the weekend.

This is what I am working on, I like your idea. :anibad:

I don't schedule any queries for Friday or the weekend. These seem to be the busiest times for the servers, so you never know when it will run.

I Wasn't even thinking of that.