Unpublished caches

deejay44

As above, but also

Sometimes a geocacher will create a brand new cache listing, drop a coin or TB into it, then submit it for review. For any number of reasons, it might not get published... then sometimes it gets forgotten about and the trackable is "stuck" there, until the cache owner gets a slightly peeved email from the owner of the trackable concerned. That's why it's good practice not to drop trackables into any cache until after it's been published.

If I saw an unpublished cache with several trackables in it that didn't belong to the cache owner, then I'd be a bit concerned. :unsure:

MrsB

Edited by The Blorenges

as previously said some setup an unpublished cache to hold their coin collection, a clue that it won't get published is that some name the cache coin book. Others will put them their unpublished cached for when the cache is ready to published.

I don't see any problem, they're the original owner of the coin which they can do what they like with them

Just wonder...

How can you see an "Unpublished" cache?

If one of the TB's on your watchlist has been placed in it, then it is possible. You should never place someone elses TB in an un-published cache if you do not wish for it to be seen before publication.

Jon.

Edited by Dakar4x4