Geocoin Fantasy Football

triplewisdom

Yep, there are four teams registered and about 6 other invites out there but not accepted yet. If we can't get 12, I'll settle for 8 or 10...depending on where we are Sunday night...I'd like to get the draft done by then.

As for the geocoins, we are going on the honor system. When there is a winner, we'll all send our coins to him/ her.

I can't wait for football season!

Here is a quick summary of fantasy football...hope it's not too confusing!

is really easy to play online because the computer keeps track of all of the points. In the beginning, there is a random draft where each team will receive a couple of quarterbacks, running backs, receivers, kickers and defenses. Each week you will play a different team in your fantasy league...so let's say week one, you are playing me...we both pick our best quarterback, two running backs, three receivers, one kicker and one defense to "play" against each other. Each touchdown, field goal, etc is worth points for your team...yards are also worth points...ex. for a quarterback, 25 yards=1 point, a touchdown = 6 points. If you have Payton Manning and he throws for a touchdown, runs for a touchdown and has 200 yards, he will score your team 20 points! At the end of the week, if you had Manning, you would probably beat me. :unsure: It really is a lot of fun, please let me know if I can answer any other questions for you.

is really easy to play online because the computer keeps track of all of the points. In the beginning, there is a random draft where each team will receive a couple of quarterbacks, running backs, receivers, kickers and defenses. Each week you will play a different team in your fantasy league...so let's say week one, you are playing me...we both pick our best quarterback, two running backs, three receivers, one kicker and one defense to "play" against each other. Each touchdown, field goal, etc is worth points for your team...yards are also worth points...ex. for a quarterback, 25 yards=1 point, a touchdown = 6 points. If you have Payton Manning and he throws for a touchdown, runs for a touchdown and has 200 yards, he will score your team 20 points! At the end of the week, if you had Manning, you would probably beat me. :) It really is a lot of fun, please let me know if I can answer any other questions for you.

If the computer does the draft how can I bribe it to pick Tom Brady or maybe Payton or Eli for me? :unsure:

is really easy to play online because the computer keeps track of all of the points. In the beginning, there is a random draft where each team will receive a couple of quarterbacks, running backs, receivers, kickers and defenses. Each week you will play a different team in your fantasy league...so let's say week one, you are playing me...we both pick our best quarterback, two running backs, three receivers, one kicker and one defense to "play" against each other. Each touchdown, field goal, etc is worth points for your team...yards are also worth points...ex. for a quarterback, 25 yards=1 point, a touchdown = 6 points. If you have Payton Manning and he throws for a touchdown, runs for a touchdown and has 200 yards, he will score your team 20 points! At the end of the week, if you had Manning, you would probably beat me. :) It really is a lot of fun, please let me know if I can answer any other questions for you.

If the computer does the draft how can I bribe it to pick Tom Brady or maybe Payton or Eli for me? :unsure:

It can be bribed.... :D like for instance if I draft him I would be willing to trade him to you for say an original Moun10bike coin :)

Edited by steel city babes

is really easy to play online because the computer keeps track of all of the points. In the beginning, there is a random draft where each team will receive a couple of quarterbacks, running backs, receivers, kickers and defenses. Each week you will play a different team in your fantasy league...so let's say week one, you are playing me...we both pick our best quarterback, two running backs, three receivers, one kicker and one defense to "play" against each other. Each touchdown, field goal, etc is worth points for your team...yards are also worth points...ex. for a quarterback, 25 yards=1 point, a touchdown = 6 points. If you have Payton Manning and he throws for a touchdown, runs for a touchdown and has 200 yards, he will score your team 20 points! At the end of the week, if you had Manning, you would probably beat me. :D It really is a lot of fun, please let me know if I can answer any other questions for you.

If the computer does the draft how can I bribe it to pick Tom Brady or maybe Payton or Eli for me? :)

It can be bribed.... :D like for instance if I draft him I would be willing to trade him to you for say an orginal Moun10bike coin :)

Hmmm For an original Moun10bike I think I would need Tom Brady in person!! :D:unsure:

Thanks for setting this up! I'm all set... watch out for the RoughRiders! :unsure:

I read on the page that the league commissioner (I think that's you, TripleWisdom) can start the auto draft anytime, but for the first week to count it has to be done before 11:59pm Pacific time this Monday. With the attention it's been getting, we could hit the ten-team max by tonight. :)

EDIT: Make that the 12-team max, it looks like you fixed it.

Edited by MountainRacer

Ok without knowing the rules or anything I sent the email Heck if I can get to the final table in poker at the Bash never having played before maybe just maybe not knowing the rules works in my favor!!!

Now back to watching college football!!!

before you go back you better register...first come first serve....

Just a note the players are ranked by how they did last year, fantasy wise, so that ensures that you will draft the highest player available when it is your turn...

Ok without knowing the rules or anything I sent the email Heck if I can get to the final table in poker at the Bash never having played before maybe just maybe not knowing the rules works in my favor!!!

Now back to watching college football!!!

before you go back you better register...first come first serve....

Just a note the players are ranked by how they did last year, fantasy wise, so that ensures that you will draft the highest player available when it is your turn...

So I actually get to pick when it comes to my turn? Or does the computer just take the highest ranking palyer available?

The TIGERS are ready to roar!!!

So I actually get to pick when it comes to my turn? Or does the computer just take the highest ranking palyer available?

The computer will take the highest ranking player.

It looks like you can actually set your own rankings for players. So if you're all keen on kickers and wanted to absolutely make sure you got Stephen Gostkowski, you could change your pre-draft rankings to put him at the top of your list.

The computer will take the highest ranking player.

It looks like you can actually set your own rankings for players. So if you're all keen on kickers and wanted to absolutely make sure you got Stephen Gostkowski, you could change your pre-draft rankings to put him at the top of your list.

Yep, you can pre-rank your players before the draft. If you don't like a certain player for any reason and absolutely don't want him on your team, you can exclude him from your rankings.

As for kickers, a general FF rule of thumb is to draft one later in the draft as they're pretty unpredictable, although Gostkowski will definitely get you a lot of extra points.

If anyone has questions about fantasy football and the draft, feel free to email me through my profile or send a PM.