60csx Replacement..

grp318

My Garmin 60csx was taken out of my truck my someone who wanted it more then more then me (stolen). I am replaceing it soon and looking at the Colorado. I like the latest and greatest, but have read bad rad reviews on the Colorado. Can this be fixed with software updates, or will it alway be a poor unit. PLease let me know what your thoughts are..

My Garmin 60csx was taken out of my truck my someone who wanted it more then more then me (stolen). I am replaceing it soon and looking at the Colorado. I like the latest and greatest, but have read bad rad reviews on the Colorado. Can this be fixed with software updates, or will it alway be a poor unit. PLease let me know what your thoughts are..

The Colorado has came a long way with the latest software update. It is currently on version 2.60 and it fixed many problems. It is also the first software release that wasn't a Beta. When it came out, I noticed the accuracy improved a lot. Before this update, my Colorado would be off as much as 70 feet! With the update, it takes me as close as my 60CSx did. Of course, accuracy is paramount when you are looking for a micro in the woods! :laughing:

Have you thought about the Oregon? I bought a 400t as well and like it better than the Colorado. It's hard to beat touch screen and it includes the GeoCaching features as well.

I use a 60CSx and have just bought my daughter a Colorado for her birthday (and Christmas). I upgraded the software to version 2.6 and we have been caching together and we couldn't detect any difference in the accuracy. The Colorado menus would take a 60Csx user a bit of getting used to but I do like the the cache details on the unit - no more juggling the GPSr and the PDA.

If I lost my 60Csx (sympathies BTW) I would replace it with either a colorado or maybe an oregon.

Thanks, I am ready ot replace my GPS, and I dont know what to do. I loved my 60csx and looking at the Colorado and Oregon. Price is really not an issue but I want the best unit for the money. What would you do??????

If that's the choice, I'd go with the Oregon. It looks like the future of hand-helds. I think people will look back at the Colorado as just a momentary aberration. I'll be surprised if there's ever another model in that line produced.

When I first got my Colorado I used it as a really rugged pda mostly and still trusted the 60csx to find the cache.This weekend I went on a short hike with both and used the Colorado to find the 5 or 6 caches and it brought me to all of them.A few times i thought the Colorado must be wrong because all likely hiding spots were 40 or so feet away but when I pulled out the 60 it aggred within 2-3 feet of what the colorado was saying.I was still going to download the racks from both nd compare to see how they compared when I was under tree cover and such.I would recomend the Colorado or Oregon to 95% of cachers out there if they were looking for a high end handheld.I am actually considering selling the Colorado to get an Oregon but I just like new toys.

CrazyOn2Wheels