Feature Request: Slide Show in Gallery

KRnlKilR

Looking back at the 2008 GW VI event page, I clicked on the gallery link to view the photos from the event. 10+ pages of thumbnails of photos from the event are displayed. I have to click on each photo to view it and, depending on if several photos are uploaded by the same cacher, I may be able to click the left and right arrows above the photo to see the next frame from that same cacher. If a cacher only posted one photo then I have to go back to the gallery to view the next photo from a different cacher.

What I would like to see is a slide show link in the gallery that will display all of the photos from an event regardless of who uploaded them. Then I could see all of the photos from the event without all of the back and forth clicking that I currently have to do. The slide show could be something similar to what you see when you click on a photo link in someone's log, or it could be something more robust with auto frame changes, speed control, forward and backward buttons, etc. Just something that will display all of the photos!

Thank you,

P.S. I reserve the right to bump this thread every few weeks if I feel that no one from GS has read my request. (See my thread on Add to Google Calendar).

I've used flickr to create a "slideshow" of sorts on some of my caches. I'm still working on setting it up on more of mine, as well. Here's one example of how it works (look at the bottom of my cache description): Still Sleepless in Seattle

It takes a bit of maintenance, however, especially on virtuals with picture requirements. But it's a nice way to display the pictures as long as the viewer doesn't have dial-up. :rolleyes:

I'd suggest you try Cooliris. I just tried it on GWVI and it did in fact load all 907 images. Also, as mentioned, Prime Suspect's Gallery Enhancer script will make the images larger, which is very helpful.

Are you picturing a Flickr-like slideshow? (Actually, Cooliris can do a slideshow as well...)

I found the gallery on the Cooliris will zoom in and out when using the scroll wheel.

I'd suggest you try Cooliris. I just tried it on GWVI and it did in fact load all 907 images. Also, as mentioned, Prime Suspect's Gallery Enhancer script will make the images larger, which is very helpful.

Are you picturing a Flickr-like slideshow? (Actually, Cooliris can do a slideshow as well...)

I found the gallery on the Cooliris will zoom in and out when using the scroll wheel.

Yep, and if you double-click a picture, you'll get in slideshow mode. Change between these two "modes" can also be accomplished with the icon in the far-lower-left corner.