Cachers Make Gruesome Discovery

We have often worried about what we might find as we bushwhack off of various trails into dense woods and thickets. Our worst fears came true for several hikers who were geocaching on July 23rd at the base of Thomas Creek Bridge on the Oregon Coast. The hikers discovered the body of Michelle Ashlee Dickson who had been previously reported missing.

According the Associated Press Dickson's body was identified by the Del Norte County Sheriff's office after hikers found it while geocaching Wednesday at the base of the Thomas Creek Bridge on the Oregon Coast.

State Police investigators, who are leading the probe, have labeled the case a suspicious death. Curry County Sheriff John Bishop says it is clear Dickson plunged from the bridge, but unclear whether she jumped or was dropped or thrown off.

Dickson has been missing since her burning car was found on the side of a road last week.

The police made an arrest yesterday of an aquaintance of Disckson's. Josiah Miller, 27, is a suspect in the case after authorities found blood in his car.

This is truly sad and we hope the proper charges are sought against Mr. Miller.

Right. I don't even hear the train coming yet

Huh? What do trains have to do with it? :laughing:

Seriously... that really IS a gruesome discovery, and I'd guess that cachers are frequently in the sorts of situations that could lead to that kind of um..... experience. But as unpleasant as it must be, remember that the family would rather know the worst than to deal with the unknown.

Spelling it out so folks don't have to click the links...

The body of Michelle Ashlee Dickson, missing since July 15, was found underneath the Thomas Creek Bridge in Oregon Wednesday afternoon.

Two hikers found the body and after getting back into cell phone range contacted the Del Norte Sheriff’s Department, said Del Norte County Sheriff's Department Cmdr. Bill Steven.

Dickson’s body was positively IDed earlier today.

“We just stayed with the body until it was positively IDed,” he said.

Dickson went missing after an alleged marijuana deal took place south of Crescent City at a beach off U.S. Highway 101, where the burnt skeletal remains of her car were found by Sheriffs.

The cause of death is unknown at this time, and Dickson’s body will undergo an autopsy.

The only suspect so far involved in her disappearance is 27-year-old Josiah Miller, of Arcata.

The Humboldt DA rarely prosecutes marijuana related crimes.

Huh? What does marijuana have to do with this? :blink:

Right. I don't even hear the train coming yet, much less the train wreck and resulting derailment. Let's keep it on topic.

Thanks.

I forgot that people won't click the article links. She died after meeting the guy to buy 3 ozs of marijuana from him. I've been following the story since it first broke. Wasn't derailing the post, but thanks for jumping to conclusions. :rolleyes:

If the prosecutors won't pursue a murder because it is linked to a drug deal it is time to replace the prosecutors. I can understand if they don't want to waste time and money taking a kid to court over a three ounce buy, but this is several orders of magnitude past that.

We have often worried about what we might find as we bushwhack off of various trails into dense woods and thickets. Our worst fears came true for several hikers who were geocaching on July 23rd at the base of Thomas Creek Bridge on the Oregon Coast. The hikers discovered the body of Michelle Ashlee Dickson who had been previously reported missing.

Though this is truely horrible you should take some heart in knowing the family can lay her to rest. They may have never had that if you hadn't been there!

The Humboldt DA rarely prosecutes marijuana related crimes.

Huh? What does marijuana have to do with this? :blink:

Right. I don't even hear the train coming yet, much less the train wreck and resulting derailment. Let's keep it on topic.

Thanks.

I forgot that people won't click the article links. She died after meeting the guy to buy 3 ozs of marijuana from him. I've been following the story since it first broke. Wasn't derailing the post, but thanks for jumping to conclusions. :rolleyes:

You forgot to post the link in your first message. I clicked the links above it and there was no reference to the marijuana link. That link showed after the train wreck post.

So there you go with jumping to conclusions.