Goecoin Wanted!

CM2080

I have been looking for a Geocoin for ever. I have yet to find one though. Does anyone have any they can spare? I'm willing to pay for them. Please let me know if you know a good cache to find Geocoins in (near 95376) or if you know where I can get one.

I realize their all over eBay but I hate buying one that someone is only producing to sell for a profit or one thats price is being inflated on eBay because its a "collectable" or "rare" just because they want to jack the price up. I want to find a good honest Geocoin thats traveling the country.

PM me!

You do realize if it is travelling, then it has an owner already and you can't keep it. It sounded like you might have thought you could find them in caches and keep them.

The ones on eBay are for you to own. You can get some good deals there, or pay overinflated prices on coins still for sale at the vendor's site. Not always the first place to look.

There are plenty of companies you can go to buy a coin for yourself. Someone quicker than me can put link up of where to buy coins.

Please be aware that the coins for sale on ebay are mostly put at auction by re-sellers and, yes, their motivation is make a profit. Thousands unique of geocoins have been minted but mostly in runs of about 100-250 or so. Once they sell out that's it, no mas. Unless a re-seller bought a few more than was needed and will put them up for re-sale, like a black market.

Coins tend to cost about $10 + S&H brand new from the coin maker. If you want to make your own you have to mint a minimum of 100 if you want them trackable on geocaching.com. Trackable with custom icon adds $1.85 to each coin.

So you do the math.

If you want 50 coins to place in caches or give away or trade at no cost you have to sell so many at mark up to cover expenses. Nobody is giving up their day jobs to make a handsome living solely on geocoins.

If you just want to move coins/travel bugs that are in circulation just do a Pocket Query search of your area. But if you want some for yourself you have to buy them like anything else. At $10 a pop it's pretty rare to get them for free (yes, even unactivated ones in caches have to be traded for and fairly too). :laughing: