Travel Bug Question / Idea

Forgiven_Redneck

Hey Folks,

I am brand new to this adventure. I went and rescued a TB that has been sitting way out in the country. The problem is now finding a drop point. I see alot of micro caches that can not handle the size of a TB. Would it be wrong to place the TB in its own container and attach it to a micro and add instructions to move it forward? It seems like ammo can caches are kind of rare. I would hate to hang on to or return the TB back to that far away country spot. What about mailing them to another Geocacher who is willing to place it? Help me out please, I feel this resposibility has been placed on me. :sad:

forgiven _redneck

Not placing it into a cache? Bad idea.

Adding something to someone else's micro? Bad idea.

Mailing the TB? Not without owner permission.

Let me do a search here, I'm sure we can find something close by.

If worse comes to worst you can put the TB back where you found it.

Distance from the cache you found it in"

5.7 miles SW Lacon TB drop

7.1mi NW Something Old, Something New

7.1mi SE Discarded Respects

And whose are the easy ones. Plenty of other ammocan caches out there.

Thank you for the info. My goal was to try to find a place north of where I found it and close to the interstate to try and help get this TB moving again. I am traveling to MS. in the next couple of days but this is going in the wrong direction, or is the goal just to keep the thing moving? Remember the learning curve for this newbie.

Distance from the cache you found it in"

5.7 miles SW Lacon TB drop

7.1mi NW Something Old, Something New

7.1mi SE Discarded Respects

And whose are the easy ones. Plenty of other ammocan caches out there.

Thank you for the info. My goal was to try to find a place north of where I found it and close to the interstate to try and help get this TB moving again. I am traveling to MS. in the next couple of days but this is going in the wrong direction, or is the goal just to keep the thing moving? Remember the learning curve for this newbie.

Take it with you, if you're going caching, and then carry it back in the right direction and drop it off later, give it some miles. But if it's been stuck, you can just place it whereever. The key is to keep them moving, even if they have to take the long way sometimes. I'm pretty sure the owner will be happy to see it move, and if you contact them through their profile page, you can let them know if you are taking it on a trip.

There are plenty of caches in our area big enough for a travel bug. It's OK to hold onto it for a few weeks until you run across one.

Contacted the owner and asked if they didn't mind if their TB headed to MS, since I am going there this week. They were happy to see it moving regardless where. Thanks for all the info. It might take me a few times to learn the ins and outs.