Can't find a post I read

mommio

Recently I read about a cache that consisted of a pipe attached to something. It had a small hole in the bottom and was open at the other end. Waterproof cache dropped inside. You had to pour water in pipe to float the cache. Thought I might try it but wanted to know how the cache page was written. How do cachers know to bring water or do they just discover that after they get there?????

A nearby cache uses these words on the listing page:

YOU WILL NEED a container to carry about .5 to 1 gallon of water or be highly resourceful to retrieve this cache."

Being "highly resourceful" I guess might include having drunk that .5 gal of water before arriving, but I would hope not <_<

GCJD3C BubbaVinci Code makes you read the entire cache page... note the obscure mention of water way down in the "Helpful Hints" section. At one stage it is in fact a requirement!

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...=6&t=199161

This one used to simply mention in the text that it was a long hike and you were liable to get thirsty, so carry plenty of water.

Too many folks didn't get the hint so he made it somewhat more obvious.

Edited by TheAlabamaRambler

A nearby cache uses these words on the listing page:

YOU WILL NEED a container to carry about .5 to 1 gallon of water or be highly resourceful to retrieve this cache."

Being "highly resourceful" I guess might include having drunk that .5 gal of water before arriving, but I would hope not :rolleyes:

Just don't get too resourceful and put a liquid other than water in that pipe. If I were to place a cache like that I'd probably make it a multi with an appropriate container at the stage before the final.