Log protocol: Found vs Note

So, I'm new to this. Been reading about Geocaching for years, but just started actively doing it in the last month. Skimming over the forum topics, it appears that there is a lot of belly-aching about proper logging, so before I violate some protocol, I want to be sure of what's expected.

The question is, when you return to a previously found cache for whatever reason, do you log the next visit as a "Found It" or do you just "Write Note"? See the following cache for an example of what I did the other day. I basically worked through a long multi-cache and ended up finding it late in the evening. I just signed the log and went home to get some sleep. The next day, I stopped back and did a little maintenance as well as traded some items. I logged the second visit as a note, thinking that I'd already found (and logged) the cache the day before. Is this right?

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...2d-fa5ab4c1fd74

So now a little different twist. There is a cache I found a few weeks ago and I noticed a TB was dropped there yesterday. I can help said TB's goal, so I was thinking of going to pick it up. As I found this cache previously, do I log a second, but much later visit as found, or should I again just write a note that I picked up the TB or maybe even traded some items (my first visit was TNLN)?

:D TFTH

Thanks guys. My thinking was right. I just keep seeing logs where the same person posts more than one time and uses "Found It" for every posting. And then there are the ones where they log the find, then come back and log that "they forgot to enter the TB" and they put that as a find instead of a note. Didn't make sense to me, so I wantd to bounce it off the forum to make sure. :)

I logged the second visit as a note, thinking that I'd already found (and logged) the cache the day before.

Right on the mark. You can only find it once, after that you just returned. Example: A new restaurant opens in town that you accidentally discover. It's great! Can you accidentally discover it again?

Thanks guys. My thinking was right. I just keep seeing logs where the same person posts more than one time and uses "Found It" for every posting. And then there are the ones where they log the find, then come back and log that "they forgot to enter the TB" and they put that as a find instead of a note. Didn't make sense to me, so I wantd to bounce it off the forum to make sure. :)

Chalk that up to N00Bness. Find once and Note any other returns. As far as going back to a previous cache to help a TB with it's goal.. Go For It! Travel Bug Hotels are made for that. I have several that people continously return to trade up TBs and replace the ones that have been sitting and put in new ones. Think of it as a bus station for travellers. :D