Need Geo-Coin Help

2Nutz

We recently picked up a geo-coin from a cache in Tyler, TX. The cache is "The University's Bushy Tail", GCHDV1. The coin has "Proud Family Members Of Our Nations Defender" with a blue star and the number H342 on one side. On the other it has "Department of the Air Force" and "United States Of America" with the Air force emblem. I am attaching a couple of pics of both sides of the coin. Sorry about the quality maybe you can tell something about it.

102_2917.jpg

102_2916.jpg

I am unable to find this coin in the trackable items. I have done several searches trying different things, but still no luck. This coin was not listed in the inventory for the cache and can find no mention of it past logs.

Does anyone know anything about it? Is it a trackable? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Marty

Is it a geocoin? I don't see any tracking numbers on it. Looks like a military challenge coin to me.

What is a military challenge coin? How do I find out about them? Are they trackables? Am I supposed to keep on pass it on in another cache?

Marty

I don't think its a challenge coin, Maybe a family coin ,I do see a 4 digit number on the coin also it looks like 2007 but If could be trackable some wheres else. USA45

What Is a family coin? All these new terms, is there a place to look to find out what they are? The number on the coin is H342. Does that mean something?

Marty

Family coin is like swag, you leave it for someone in a cache. Challenge coins you can find where Path tags are. just google Path tags. There are other Military places that sell challeng coins. When my husband was in the service there were no challenge coin lol. OLD OLD OLD lol. MAGC has a lot of Miltiary coins out there that are trackable. You just have to google the words and you will find something. USA45